The application for postgraduate admission at Abia State University (ABSU) for the 2024/2025 academic year has not yet been released. The complete requirements and guidelines for ABSU postgraduate admission are covered on this website.
Every year, the online registration site is typically open in May, June, or September. Take your time while you go through the requirements for eligibility and the application process listed below.
For admission to Abia State University’s underlisted postgraduate diploma and higher degree programs, interested candidates are to satisfy the following requirements.
ABSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
The minimal prerequisites for admission to our postgraduate programs are as follows:
1. PROGRAMME FOR POSTGRADATES
- As long as they meet the university’s matriculation and departmental standards, applicants may be admitted who have graduated from an accredited institution or who possess a qualification deemed to be equal to a first degree.
- An applicant may also be allowed if they hold an upper credit in the HND from an accredited university.
- In addition, candidates for the PGD in Business Administration need to have O-level credits in Economics, Mathematics, and English Language.
- Candidates for the Diploma in Estate Management program must have passed the necessary professional exams administered by the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners with honors. Additionally, applicants with relevant relevant experience may be taken into consideration.
- Applicants for the postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology must have one of the following qualifications: B.Sc. or HND in Food Science and Technology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, and Laboratory Technology or Chemistry
- Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Pharmacology must hold a B.Sc. in associated services from an accredited university.
2. PROGRAMME FOR MASTERS DEGREE
- If the departmental and university matriculation requirements are met, a candidate with a first degree from an accredited university and at least a second-class lower division may be admitted. Nonetheless, preference will be given to applicants with a CGPA of at least 3.00 on a 5-point scale or 2.6 on a 4-point scale.
- An applicant may also be admitted if they have a strong postgraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Those who are applying for master’s and master’s-level education but do not have a degree in the relevant discipline may need to complete a postgraduate diploma program.
- Applications for Industrial Sociology, Personnel Management, and Business Administration courses are obliged to possess credit-level passes in O’level math, English language, and economics.
- Applications for the Master’s program in Human Physiology or Surgical Pathology must have an M.B.B.S. or an equivalent degree from this university or any other accredited university. A strong second-class honours degree in physiology is also admissible for the master’s program in human physiology.
- Additionally, if there is a significant amount of physiology content, a strong degree in a related field will be taken into consideration.
- Estate management holders with a postgraduate diploma from Abia State University and admission to any accredited university with a master’s degree in urban and regional planning will be given preference for the master’s program in urban and regional planning.
- Those seeking an M.Sc. in Clinical Optometry must have an O.D. from a recognized university and an ODORBN with a CGPA of at least 3.00 on a 5-point rating system.
3. PhD PHILIPPISM DOCTOR DEGREE MPhil/Ph.D.
- Candidates who meet the requirements for university matriculation and have a strong master’s degree (not an MBA) in a relevant or related field that includes coursework and a well-defended research dissertation from an accredited university may be admitted.
- Candidates will be given preference if their cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale or 4.0 on a 5-point scale.
- A 60% average in both the course work and the master’s dissertation, which was assessed by an external examiner and required an oral defense, is required of candidates.
- In addition to these prerequisites for admission, candidates might also need to show up for a selection exam and interview. A candidate must complete an MPhil or Ph.D. if their CGPA is less than 3.0 on a 4-point scale or 4.0 on a 5-point scale.
Credit lines: The completed application papers must be accompanied by photocopies of the NYCS Discharge/Exemption Certificate, copies of all acceptable credentials (including O’level), and a plan to have their transcripts delivered directly to the Secretary of the School of Postgraduate Studies. Transcripts that are not received on time will work against the applicant.
Postgraduate programs Duration At ABSU
Programs for Postgraduate Diplomas
Three semesters at the very least and up to six semesters at the most for a full-time diploma
Four semesters minimum and eight semesters maximum for a part-time diploma.
Programs for Masters Degrees
- LCU Full-Time Post-UTME/DE Form 2024/2025 Screening Application Portal: Three semesters at least and up to ten semesters in total
- Part-Time: Four semesters minimum, eight semesters maximum.
Ph.D. and MPhil Programs
Full-Time: No fewer than six semesters or more than ten semesters
Part-time: eight semesters minimum, six semesters maximum.
- Full-time: four semesters minimum, 10 semesters maximum; part-time: six semesters minimum, fourteen semesters maximum.
How to Apply for ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form
- The following banks should be visited by candidates: Keystone Bank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, Union Bank, Skye Plc, First Bank Plc, Zenith, UBA, Ecobank Plc, and ABSU MFB Uturu. Access the e-transact network and make a request to pay the N11,500 (eleven thousand, five hundred naira) application fee for the form and the cost of the services.
- After making a payment, get the e-transact receipt from the bank, then go to any internet center to finish the form.
- Open the application at http://abiastateuniversity.edu.ng to access the ABSU site and fill it out.
- Lastly, verify your application and print three copies of the confidential referee reports. These will be sent to your referees for completion (two of whom should be the candidate’s previous university professors).
Application deadline: December…
If you would like information on ABSU Postgraduate Admission 2024 at the appropriate moment, please fill out the comment box below with your phone number and email address.