Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic (AKWAIBOMPOLY) JAMB and Departmental Cut off marks to be used for the 2024/2025 academic session have been officially published.
AKWAIBOMPOLY has announced 2024/2025 JAMB and Departmental Cut off marks. JAMB UTME candidates will only require a minimum UTME score of 120 before they are offered Admission into the institution.
Due to the high number of students wishing to study at the Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic (AKWAIBOMPOLY), the admission processes are competitive and admissions are given based on the higher the jamb scores, the higher the chances of being admitted.
What is Cut Off Mark
A cut-off mark is a predetermined score that has been established by a certain school as the standard for admitting students to a field of study. This rating is typically given to applicants depending on how well they did on a specific test.
Nonetheless, students who have scored higher than the necessary cut-off point will be admitted and given preference in the admissions process over those who have achieved the exact cut-off mark.
Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Cut-Off Mark 2024/2025
The Akwa Ibom State Poly general cut-off mark is 120. This cut-off mark is the benchmark for all courses offered in the institution. Before you can apply for Akwa Ibom State Poly Post Utme you must score nothing less than 120 in the UTME Examination.
Applicants should be aware that meeting the Akwa Ibom Poly cut-off mark for JAMB gives them the chance to enroll in any of the courses offered at Akwa-Ibom Polytechnic, as long as they perform well in the internal screening process. This opportunity also allows them to sit for post-UTME aptitude tests.
For their internal screening process, the Akwa Ibom Poly Board needs some documents. They are as follows.
1. Students must first achieve the minimal cut-off mark set by JAMB for the current academic session (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board)
2. For the AkwaibomPoly post-UTME aptitude test, a candidate must have a minimum of 5 credits in Mathematics, English, and other disciplines that are pertinent to his or her field of study.
3. JAMB result slips in original form and copies for the applicant
4. Authentic documents, including certificates from “O” levels, are not accepted by Akwa Ibom Polytechnic because they are awaiting results.
5. Your birth certificate or birth declaration in its original form
6. Updated passport photos (Coloured)
Each and every applicant who took part in the Akwa Ibom State Poly Post Utme / Screening must understand how to determine their aggregate score for confirmation. Follow the simple steps below to calculate your screening score
1. Divide your JAMB score by 8
2. Divide your post-UTME score by 2
3. After which you add both of them together.
For example; You score 200 in JAMB and 50 in post-UTME that means;
200/8 = 25
50/2 = 25
i.e 25 + 25 = 50
However, some universities and polytechnics solely accept candidates based on their post-Utme results, while others base their student screening decisions on their O’level and Jamb scores.
Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Post UTME Eligibility
1. Applicants who achieve the necessary cut-off mark exactly or above.
2. Candidates who chose Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic as their preferred choice of institution during the UTME Registration
3. Candidates are also required to obtain the required O’level credits for their programs as specified in JAMB Brochure.
4. Candidate must be at least 16 years of age
5. Applicants who are interested in attending the polytechnic but did not select Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua during UTME registration should do so by visiting the JAMB website and changing to AKWAIBOMPOLY.
The minimal required departmental cut-off mark that each student must achieve to participate in the post-UTME screening exercise for the 2024/2025 academic session is fully broken down below.
|Hotel and Catering Management
|Department of Statistics
|Science Technology (ND)
|Office Technology & Management
|Banking and Finance
|Arts and Design
|Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
|Surveying and Geo-Informatics
|Urban and regional planning
The preceding table only dispels any uncertainty that potential candidates may have regarding their eligibility for the AKWAIBOM POLY post-UTME screening procedure due to their low JAMB exam results.
This only implies that you are qualified to take part in the AKWAIBOM POLY Post UTME provided that you obtain a score of at least 120, which is the current AKWAIBOM POLY cut-off mark for all courses.
We hope that this information about the AKWAIBOM POLY passing grade for the 2024/2025 academic year is clear. If you have any questions about the AKWAIBOM POLY departmental cut-off marks for any of the courses shown in the table, please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help.