Are you interested in an entrepreneurship training program? If your answer to this question is yes, then you have come to the right place with this article. This article will place its focus on the Development Bank of Nigeria(DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Program (DBNETP). The DBNETP is a flagship program of the DBN and has already trained about 2000 individuals all over Nigeria through the DBN Learning Management System. If this interests you, read the rest of the article for more information on how to apply.
DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program 2023
The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2023 is currently open and interested persons are encouraged to send in their applications. The following are the objectives of the annual DBNETP:-
- Enhancing the ability of MSMEs to access available credit
- Strengthening the capacity of MSMEs for efficient fund utilization, trade, investments, and market access
- Ensuring MSMEs have the necessary skills to create viable and robust business proposals
The program makes use of a blended learning format which includes virtual and physical training. The virtual training consists of a self-paced comprehensive curriculum of basic business principles segmented into 9 modules. The training is provided through the DBN learning management platform of the BizAid App.
The onsite training consists of a 5-day intensive practical training based on a needs assessment of the shortlisted businesses. A total of 350 businesses will be selected for this phase, to be trained in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
There is also a pitching session where participating businesses will have the opportunity to pitch their business value proposition, and 25 businesses will be chosen to receive grant funding of Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N500,000) only each.
- Business owners must be at least 18 years old.
- Business owners must be citizens or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The businesses must be based in Nigeria.
- The businesses must be for profit and can be from any sector.
- Applicants must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
Training Programme Process Flow
The program is made up of several steps, it begins with registration on the DBN BizAid application. Applicants are required to complete at least 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform, achieve an average score of 70% on all quizzes, and apply for face-to-face training. Eligible businesses will be selected via a screening process based on specific criteria.
Criteria For Selection
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Bankability – The readiness level to access credit.
- Scalability – Demonstrated potential for business growth to create jobs.
- All applications must be submitted online through the application portal
- All applicants must complete an application form by providing all requested information
We hope that we have been able to provide you with proper guidance on the DBN Entrepreneurship Training Program 2023, please go through this article properly to gain from the knowledge we have shared.
If you have further questions for us regarding this topic, we are happy to help; send in your questions via the comment section, and we will send a response as quickly as possible. Please, remember to share this post with your friends so they can be privy to this information too.