Is second choice candidates accepted in UNIUYO? Does the University of Uyo accept admissions from second-choice applicants?
This article will be helpful to you if you’ve been wondering whether the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) accepts second-choice applicants because it covers all the information you need to know about the University of Uyo’s Choice of Course and Institution.
We are aware that candidates planning to apply for admission to the University of Uyo may have a lot of questions at this time. For example, some may want to know the probability that UNIUYO will be their second choice of university or whether they should consider another institution.
For information on whether second-choice applicants are admitted to the University of Uyo, UNIUYO, We advise you to keep reading, friend.
The University of Uyo is situated in Uyo, the Nigerian state capital of Akwa Ibom. The University of Cross River State, Uyo, was the previous name of the institution.
The name of the institution was changed to the University of Uyo on October 1, 1991, when it was created by the Federal Government of Nigeria as a Federal University.
The former University of Cross River State, founded by Cross River State in 1983, left behind students, faculty, academic programs, and all of the university’s physical assets. To be clear, the University of Uyo underwent a number of transformations before becoming what it is now.
It evolved from a Teacher’s College (TC) to an Advanced Teacher’s College (ATC), College of Education (COE), which joined forces with the University of Port Harcourt to administer degree programs at a State University, University of Cross River (UNICROSS), before reaching its current position in 1991. The university of Uyo has 12 faculties, the School of Continuing Education and the Post Graduate School.
The good news is that candidates can now select their second preference university during registration thanks to JAMB, however, the bad news is that not all universities or schools can be selected as second (2nd) choices during JAMB registration.
To improve the likelihood that each Applicant would receive an admissions offer for the session, JAMB has chosen a list of schools that may be used as a second choice. Candidates can easily gain admission to the universities on this list, which JAMB has chosen.
Does UNIUYO Accept Second Choice Candidates?
Going back to the topic of the day, the University of Uyo is not one of the universities chosen by JAMB as a supplementary institution.
This connotes that even if UNIUYO is your second option while applying for admission, UNIUYO will not consider you for admission regardless of your JAMB score (be it 300 or above).
Any candidate who wants to be enrolled in the University of Uyo for academic pursuit should endeavor to place UNIUYO as a first choice in any JAMB sitting so as to be admitted without stress.
Thus, aspirants are hereby advised not to waste their second choice slot by applying to the University of Uyo as they would not be accepted for admission.
Also worth noting are universities enlisted by Jamb that accepts candidates’ second choice admission are listed below;
1. Federal University Dutse, Jigawa State
2. Federal University Dutsema, Kastina State
3. Federal University Gashua, Yobe State
4. Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State
5. Federal University Kashere, Gombe State
6. Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa State
7. Federal University Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State
8. Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State
9. Federal University Wukari, Taraba State
10. Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
11. Federal University, Lokoja
12. Federal University, Oye Ekiti
13. University of Maiduguri, Borno State
14. Abia State University, Uturu, Abia
15. Adamawa State University, Mubi, Adamawa
16. Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom
17. Anambra State University, Uli, Anambra
18. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi
19. Cross Rivers University of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers
20. The American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa
21. Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State, Delta
22. Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State, Abia
23. Modibo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa
24. Novena University, Ogume, Delta State
25. Obong University, Obong, Ntak Akwa-Ibom
26. Paul University, Awka Anambra
27. Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
28. Tansian University, Oba, anambra State, Anambra
29. University of Mkar, Gboko, Benue State
30. Western Delta University, Ogbara, Delta State, Delta
As a candidate who aspires to be enrolled in the University of Uyo but all efforts have proved abortive because it was placed as a second choice. Worry less because you can make a choice from the above reputable Universities in other to pursue that degree of your choice.
I hope this piece of writing was helpful in your decision-making process and has redirected your academic process. Do well to check us back for more information and we will be glad to be at your service at any point in time. Thank you.