The cost of tuition can sometimes hamper the dreams of aspiring students. Are you one of such students who worry that they may not be able to afford tuition? If you are, do not fret, there are several scholarship schemes you can apply to and receive financial aid to cushion the cost of attending university.
The Florida Bright Futures Scholarship is one such scholarship scheme, the scholarship offers students an opportunity to earn full scholarships. This program is also known as FABF, it offers support to underprivileged students pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), Healthcare, and Education. The Florida Bright Futures scholarship in addition to being high paying is also very competitive with very strict requirements.
Some applicants get the jitters when they read through the requirements of the Bright Futures Handbook, we are here to ease those fears. We have simplified these requirements for you, continue reading this article to gain more information on the subject.
Florida Bright Futures Scholarship in USA 2024/2025
Requirements for all Bright Futures Scholarships
Each Bright Futures program features different sets of requirements, however, they all share a few requirements. Below is a list of the requirements candidates are required to meet in order to qualify for any Bright Futures program:-
- Candidates must be residents of Florida
- They must also be US Citizens or eligible noncitizens. Regardless of where their parents live, as the candidates are Florida residents, they are eligible for this scholarship.
- Candidates must have earned a diploma from a Florida high school or high school equivalent. (Candidates can earn this diploma from a public high school or a certified private high school)
- Candidates must be enrolled, or enrolling, for at least six credit hours per semester.
- Candidates are required to complete the Florida Financial Aid Application before August 31 of their graduation year.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a postsecondary program in the state of Florida.
- Candidates are required to not have been convicted of a felony.
Scholarships Available Under the Florida Bright Future Scholarship Program
The FABF program comprises five different scholarship schemes, read below to see details:-
1. Global Scholarship Program: This is the first FABF scholarship that you can get without much difficulty. However, candidates interested in this particular scholarship scheme must study any Science Technology, and Engineering Mathematic related courses.
2. Dr. Emma Lerew Scholarship: This scholarship program helps qualified students settle their tuition fees and other important school materials. It also helps students to be mentored by well-known teachers in a one-on-one relationship.
This scholarship scheme is named after Hernandez Jr’s mother, the scholarship is open only to students who are interested in a teaching career such as a teacher, a lecturer, or an educator. However, only U.S. students can apply for the Dr. Lerew scholarship.
3. Step Up Scholarship: This program caters to outstanding students who were raised by single parents. Candidates that can apply are candidates that either live with only their mother or their father as it will undoubtedly reduce the financial burden shouldered by their single parent.
4. Semper Fi “Honor”: This scholarship is for students whose parents have served or are still serving in the military. Students can equally apply for the Semper Fi honor scholarship if any of their grandparents served in the military.
This scholarship seeks to honor the gallant officers for their services rendered to the government. However, having military personnel as parents or grandparents isn’t the only criterion; candidates must come from low-income families to stand any chance.
5. Healthcare Scholarship: This scholarship is available to students pursuing their careers in Health-related fields, such as nursing, Health Psychology, Mental Health Professions, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Podiatric Medicine, etc.
Candidates for this scholarship must provide the following documents and meet the following criteria to be eligible:-
- You must be a student in any US institution.
- You must reside in the United States
- You must have a humble background, which is your parents are low-salary earners
- You must have graduated from high school with a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
How to Apply for the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship 2024/2025
Visit Louis Hernandez’s Foundation for a bright future official website, www.forabrightfuturefoundation.org/scholarships to apply online. Ensure to submit all required documents, and follow other procedures to complete the application process.
You can write to the organization’s official email address ([email protected]), confessing your interest to participate in the program. You will receive a reply to your email telling you how to go about it.
Bright Future Scholarship Opening Date
There is no specific opening date for this scholarship due to the fact that the application portal is readily available to all applicants. You are however advised to apply for any of your desired scholarships as soon as possible to beat the deadline.
The previous deadlines are usually set on December 31st. Endeavor to submit your application as winners are usually announced the next year (February).
How To Know If You Have Been Selected
The organization usually announces the scholarship recipients every February and this year won’t be an exception. You are advised to keep close tabs on the website so you won’t miss any updates.
Follow them on their social media platform including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram in order to see updates once there is any.
How Much Is The Scholarship Worth?
If you are selected among the recipients of this scholarship, you will be getting $1000. The organizers sponsor and offer financial assistance, while the committee ensures that the best and most qualified applicants emerge winners.
We hope that by the end of this read, we have been able to provide you with the information you require regarding this topic. If you have further inquiries, you can share them with us through the comment box, and we will respond.