Are you interested in learning about the FUTA Courses and Requirements for UTME and Direct Entry Candidates in 2023/2024? Everything you need to know about the list of the courses offered at the Federal University of Technology Akure is explained in this post.
Making an informed choice about your studies will be made easier if you are aware of the list of undergraduate and graduate courses offered at FUTA as well as their admission requirements before applying. FUTA departments, faculties, institutes, part-time arts, social, management, medical, education, environmental, and engineering courses are all listed in this article.
Furthermore, you’ll be aware of the ideal subject pairings for all FUTA courses as well as a complete list of the programs that FUTA offers. In addition to the competitive, less competitive, marketable, and profitable courses offered at the Federal University of Technology Akure, you will learn more about the best courses to study there.
The Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) is currently one of Nigeria’s best and highest-ranked universities, and it is recognized on a global scale with more than 60 degree-granting programs and courses. All of the FUTA courses mentioned in this article, both new and old, have received approval and accreditation from the National Universities Commission (NUC).
You can also find a student’s guide to FUTA courses and the ultimate guide to getting accepted to your dream course at the Federal University of Technology Akure below.
FUTA General Admission Requirements For 2023/2024
The prerequisites for applicants seeking admission to FUTA through the JAMB (UTME) are listed below:
1. A minimum of 5 credits from the Senior Secondary Certificate Exams (SSCE/GCEOrdinary )’s Level Credits must be earned in a maximum of two sittings.
2. You must decide which JAMB subject combination is best for your course.
3. Candidates must receive a score of at least 160 on the recently completed JAMB UTME exam in order to be admitted to the Federal University of Technology Akure.
4. FUTA should be your first choice of college.
5. You need to take part in the FUTA POST UTME/screening in order to be qualified for admission if any are available for the year.
6. Candidates must be at least 16 years old.
FUTA Requirements For Direct Entry 2023/2024
In order to be considered for admission to the Federal University of Technology Akure through Direct Entry, candidates must meet the criteria listed below:
1. A minimum of 5 credits in the Ordinary Level Credits of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) in a maximum of two sittings.
2. Candidates must have earned two “A” levels or IJMB passes in subjects related to their field of study.
3. Passes in related topics at JUPEB/A Level.
4. For your course of choice, a degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in a related discipline is required.
5. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and the FUTA Portal both sell the FUTA Direct Entry form to applicants for direct entrance.
6. Obtain at least a merit score in order to pass the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), and other Advanced Level Certificates.
List of faculties in FUTA
The university has nine schools and a college of medicine:
- College of Health Sciences
- School of Basic Medical Sciences (SBMS)
- School of Basic Clinical Sciences (SBCS)
- School of Clinical Sciences (SCS)
- School of Computing (SOC)
- School of Life Science (SLS)
- School of Physical Science (SPS)
- School of Earth and Mineral Sciences (SEMS)
- School of Environmental Technology (SET)
- School of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SEET)
- School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (SAAT)
- School of Logistics and Innovation Technology (SLIT)
- School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS)
The institution offers short-term courses, university-level advanced basic science programs, and pre-degree science programs.
Federal University of Technology Akure Courses
Below is the list of FUTA list of courses:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Extension And Communication Technology
- Agricultural Extension And Rural Development
- Agricultural Resource Extension
- Agriculture And Resource Economics
- Animal Production And Health
- Applied Geology
- Applied Geophysics
- Bio-medical Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Crop Soil And Pest Management
- Cyber Security
- Eco-tourism And Wildlife Management
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Entrepreneurship Management Technology
- Estate Management
- Fisheries And Aquaculture Technology
- Food Science And Technology
- Forestry And Wood Technology
- Human Anatomy
- Industrial And Production Engineering
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Design
- Industrial Mathematics
- Information And Communication Technology
- Information Systems
- Marine Science And Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Medicine And Surgery
- Metallurgical And Material Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Project Management Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Remote Sensing And Geosciences Information System
- Software Engineering
- Surveying And Geo-informatics
- Urban And Regional Planning
The Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) has established itself as a low-cost international study destination that draws students from all over Nigeria and the rest of the world. The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry candidates with NCE, OND, HND, etc. can take classes at FUTA.
Students can receive a top-notch education and the real-world experience they need for advancement by enrolling in FUTA courses. FUTA has a long history of academic success, and it currently has a global reach and numerous career opportunities.
The Federal University of Technology Akure’s courses make use of the most recent instructional techniques as well as cutting-edge technological developments and real-world applications. You will graduate from these programs with either a bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) or a master’s degree, depending on which program you chose to apply for or enroll in.