The National Universities Commission (NUC) is in charge of accrediting the programs provided by Nigerian universities. The Federal University of Technology, Ikot Abasi (FUTIA) is one of the institutions that have received approval to offer a wide variety of courses to students in Nigeria.
The FUTIA courses are intended to meet the needs of students who wish to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in their chosen fields of study.
What are the courses FUTIA offers? FUTIA offers accredited courses like The Faculty of Agriculture and Food Technology, Faculty of Computing and Information Technology, Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, and Faculty of Environmental Science and Technology.
Courses Offered at the Federal University of Technology, Ikot Abasi (FUTIA)
The following is a list of NUC-approved courses offered in FUTIA (Faculty and Departments):
Faculty of Agriculture and Food Technology:
- B. Agriculture
- B. Fisheries and Aquaculture
- B. Forestry and Wildlife Management
- B Sc. Food Science and Technology
Faculty of Computing and Information Technology:
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Information and Communications Technology
- Information Systems
- Information and Media Technology
- Library Information Technology
Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences:
- B. Sc. Industrial Mathematics
- B. Sc. Statistics
- B. Sc. Physics
- B. Sc. Physics with Electronics
- B. Sc. Computer Science
- B. Sc. Biology
- B. Sc. Biotechnology
- B. Sc. Microbiology
- B. Sc. Industrial Chemistry
- B. Sc. Biochemistry
- B. Sc. Geophysics
- B. SC. Geology
Faculty of Engineering and Technology:
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Industrial Metallurgical Engineering
- Marine Engineering and Ship Building
- Automotive Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
Faculty of Environmental Science and Technology:
- Landscape Architecture
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
- B. A Fine and Applied Arts.
1. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) will be the sole admissions process for the University;
2. Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be admitted to the 100 Level (via UTME): obtain five (5) credits at the SSCE (or equivalent) in relevant subjects at no more than two (2) sittings, including credit passes in English Language and Mathematics; and achieve satisfactory UTME results in those same subjects.
3. Those who satisfy the requirements for admission must go through a screening interview that will be conducted by the university.
4. Before the institution has been open for at least two years, transfer students cannot be accepted. Prospective students must also fulfill the requirements set forth by the faculty and department in addition to the general admission requirements.
It’s crucial to remember that FUTIA works hard to give its students a high-quality education, and the courses it offers are compliant with world standards. Additionally, there are knowledgeable lecturers at the university who are committed to educating students.
As a result, students have a variety of options to select from among the NUC approved courses offered in FUTIA, depending on their interests and future career goals. For students looking to pursue higher education in Nigeria, the university is a top option due to its dedication to offering high-quality instruction.
Feel free to drop your comment, if you have any questions about the Federal University Of Technology Ikot Abasi Courses.