Do you want to know all the courses approved by the National University Commission to be offered by the Federal University of Technology Owerri? If yes, read on to check all the courses offered in FUTO in this article.
FUTO is currently one of the most reputable high institutions in Nigeria as a whole and it has established itself as one of the public universities in Nigeria’s southeast that stands out.
Potential candidates who wish to go through the laid down procedures to secure admission into FUTO are encouraged to carefully evaluate the information that will be presented here.
This would guarantee that potential candidates who have not yet registered for the WAEC/NECO and JAMB exams—the two exams that will be used to evaluate the admissions process—have no specific courses to sit for and ones to avoid.
At the conclusion of the examination procedure, it also enables applicants who already have their results to know which course they are eligible to seek admission into. So let’s get started.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) of Nigeria has officially approved and/or recognized the Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
FUTO General Admission Requirements
The general FUTO entry requirement is the conditions that each applicant must satisfy to be considered for admission to the university.
That is to say, before being given any consideration, every applicant who will be admitted into the institution at any time will already have complied with these conditions.
These prerequisites will be divided into two categories since there are two entry routes—UTME and direct entry—through which applicants might be admitted to FUTO.
Candidates applying for admission through the UTME must:
1. Have attained the age of 16 or older before admission.
2. Possess a minimum of 6 credit grades (at least 6 C grades), which must include English and Mathematics at the O’ Level. NECO or WAEC could be the O’Level outcome.
3. O’Level results that are completed in one sitting. Outcomes from two O’Level settings are not taken into account.
4. Have a minimum total score of 180 in the JAMB UTME examination.
5. Participate fully in the Post UTME screening examination and exercise organized by the management of the university.
5. For their JAMB course, select the appropriate combination of subjects. One must, for instance, have a mix of the subjects English, Math, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology if they are asking for admission to medical school. The results for medicine and surgery are invalid if any topic is included in these combinations.
6. Meet the necessary cutoff scores for the institution’s various courses.
7. If chosen for the entrance year, aim for a high Post UTME result.
8. If your overall grade is below average, enroll in less competitive courses.
9. Keep two courses in mind for supplemental needs, such as professional or career courses.
10. Understand how to calculate FUTO Admission aggregate points.
11. Get familiar with the ELDS and FUTO Admission Catchment regions. Your chances of getting admitted will be better thanks to this information.
FUTO admission requirements through Direct entry are outlined as follows:
1. The age requirement for entrance is 16 at the very least.
2. 5 credit marks, or at least 5 Cs, in their O’ Level examinations, including English and Mathematics. The WAEC or NECO O’Level results are both possible. The maximum number of sittings is two.
3. The OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, and ICAN are among the diplomas that applicants must possess.
4. If you are a direct admission applicant and your A’level results do not show upper credits, you should avoid applying to competitive courses because you might not be accepted.
Courses Offered at the Federal University of Technology (FUTO)
1. AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
2. AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
4. ANIMAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
9. BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
11. BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
12. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
14. CIVIL ENGINEERING
15. COMPUTER ENGINEERING
16. COMPUTER SCIENCE
17. CROP SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
19. CYBER SECURITY SCIENCE
20. DENTAL TECHNOLOGY
21. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
22. ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
23. ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
24. ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION
25. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SCIENCE
26. ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
27. FISHERIES & AQUACULTURE
28. FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
29. FORENSIC SCIENCE
30. FORESTRY & WILDLIFE TECHNOLOGY
32. HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
33. HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY
34. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
35. LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT TECHNOLOGY
37. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
38. MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
39. MEDICINE & SURGERY
40. METALLURGICAL & MATERIALS ENGINEERING
43. PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
45. POLYMER & TEXTILE ENGINEERING
46. PROJECT MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
47. PROSTHESIS & ORTHOPAEDIC TECHNOLOGY
48. PUBLIC HEALTH TECHNOLOGY
49. QUANTITY SURVEYING
51. SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
52. SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
53. SOIL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
55. SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
56. SURVEYING & GEOINFORMATICS
57. TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
58. URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING.
59. Nursing Science
60. Business Management
61. Medical Laboratory Science
In conclusion, Students from all across Nigeria and the world are drawn to the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) because it offers affordable international education opportunities.
FUTO tries as much as it can to provide students with a top-notch practical experience and education with affordable school fees.
They utilize the services of the most up-to-date teaching strategies, along with cutting-edge technology and real-world applications.
At the end of your program year in this prestigious university, you will be awarded a bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.) or Master’s Degree, depending on which you chose to enroll or apply.
We hope that you found our article on FUTO courses and requirements for 2023/2024 to be helpful. Do well to visit for more information. Thank you.