JAMB CAPS 2022: How to Accept or Reject your Admission Offer via portal.jamb.gov.ng
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) has made it easy and possible for all candidates to access the CAPS in other to Accept or Reject your Admission Offer.
If you have just written the just concluded JAMB examination and don’t have any idea on how to access your CAPS, then you’re at the right place.
This guide would give you every information about JAMB CAPS, how to accept or reject your admission offer, and also check your admission status.
READ MORE: JAMB Result 2022
To be able to know your admission status and how to accept or reject your admission offer, then you have to read this guide to the end.
Let’s get you on board!
JAMB Caps Login Portal 2022
The JAMB Caps Portal 2022 is now available for prospective candidates to monitor their admission status via the portal. It should be noted that the JAMB caps login portal is https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility./. To Login to the JAMB caps, simply visit https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility./ and login with your email address and password.
Everything You Need To Know About JAMB CAPS
Before we continue, we would like to tell you that the official website for JAMB is jamb.gov.ng.
Now, Joint Admission Matriculation Board is the accronym for JAMB.
JAMB is a body or system that conducts entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities.
Now you know what JAMB primary duties are.
Also, CAPS which accroymn stands for Central Admission Processing Status is a system introduced by JAMB used to monitor admission process from your preferred institution.
Simply put it this way – Jamb Caps gives you regular access to your profile so you see what is going on between your proposed Institution and Jamb.
So now that you have known about Jamb Caps let’s go forward to the steps in Accepting or Rejecting your Admission offer and how to check your Admission status. See more details below.
ALSO READ: Jamb Registration Form 2022
Please note that, if you fail to meet with jamb cut off mark, you will not be given admission.
How to Check Your JAMB Admission Status on CAPS
Checking your admission status is pretty simple, you just have to follow every steps we would give below.
The following are steps to check your Jamb Admission Status:
- The first step is to log-in to Jamb admission status checking portal at https://jamb.gov.ng/efacility using Chrome, Opera Mini or any preferred browser.
- Once you do that, you input your correct email and password into the required column and login.
- After successfully logging in. At the dashboard scroll to “Check Admission Status” as shown on the image above.
After clicking on Check Admission Status, you’ll see something like this above.
- Select Examination year i.e 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination(UTME) and type your Jamb registration number.
- Then Click on Check Admission Status.
How to Accept Or Reject your Admission Offer
The steps to Accept or Reject your Admission Offer is very simple if you follow the guides we would give you.
To Accept or Reject your Admission Offer, you’re to do the following:-
- Get a mobile phone or a Personal Computer, a Personal Computer would be preferable.
- Open your preferred browser i.e Chrome, Opera Mini, etc and type https://jamb.gov.ng/efacility to login
- Enter your correct email and password in the required column and press login.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in, scroll down to “Check Admission Status” and click.
- Enter and select your year of examination and Jamb Registration Number and click on “Access my Caps”
- Click on Admission Status on the left panel
- You can now Accept or Reject your Admission Offer.
How to Reset your Jamb Profile Password
Have you forgotten your password or you don’t have access to your profile again, then this guide will give you information on how to Reset your Jamb Profile Password.
To reset your Profile Password, you’re to do the following below:-
- Log on to JAMB Portal which is https://jamb.gov.ng
- Click on reset password
- A link would be sent to you on the email you used to register.
- Click on the link on your email
- A new page would be opened for you to set a new password
- Enter the new password that you won’t forget and Press Login.
Important Things To Note About Jamb Caps Status Message
There are important things you need to note about the admission status message
There are several different admission status reply and we would explain everything to you below.
While Checking your Admission Status from the guide provided by us, you may likely see the following:-
- ADMISSION IN PROGRESS
- NOT ADMITTED
- YOU’VE BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR ADMISSION
- YOU’VE BEEN GIVEN ADMISSION
ADMISSION IN PROGRESS:
If you happen to see this type of message on the Jamb Caps, it literally means your Admission is in progress and you might certainly get admitted.
I’d advise you to continue checking the Caps for the status message to change.
ADMISSION NOT GIVEN OR NOT ADMITTED:
If you happen to see this type of message, it means you have not been given admission by your proposed University.
Don’t panic when you see this type of status message. I’d advise you to keep on checking the CAPS again till you receive a congratulatory message.
RECOMMENDED FOR ADMISSION:
If you see this type of message, you should know that your proposed institution has given you admission but JAMB have to consent to it.
All you have to do is to keep checking the JAMB Caps for a congratulatory message.
YOU’VE BEEN GIVEN ADMISSION OR ADMITTED
This is the final status message that almost every student dream to see. This type of message literally means you’ve been given admission to your institution.
All you have to do is to either Accept or Reject your Admission Offer.
If you have any questions about How to Accept or Reject your Admission Offer, kindly let us know through the comment section below.