Are you interested in finding out what JAMB subjects are needed to study archaeology? Do you wish to learn about the different conditions that must be met to be admitted to study archaeology? If so then we have all you need to take an Archaeology course at any Nigerian university.
In addition to providing the JAMB and WAEC Subject Combination for Archaeology, this content will inform you of everything you need to know about archaeology. We will also provide you with the list of all universities offering archaeology along with the admission requirements needed to study this course.
JAMB Required Subjects for Archaeology
1. English Language
2. Literature In English
WAEC Subject Combination For Archaeology
5. English Language
6. Civic Education
9. A trade subject
UTME Requirements To Study Archaeology In Nigeria
1. If you want to study Archaeology in Nigeria, you must have at least CREDIT passes on your O’level exam (WAEC, NABTEB, or NECO), with English and math passing in no more than two (2) sittings. A single sitting was necessary, nevertheless, at some schools.
2. By the last day of October of the year of admission, you must be sixteen (16) years old.
3. Pass the Archaeology proficiency test with the required grade.
4. Possess strong JAMB, WAEC, and, if applicable, post-UTME scores.
Direct Entry Requirements To Study Archaeology In Nigeria
1. A maximum of two (2) sittings for a minimum of five (5) credits in the Ordinary Level of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE).
2. Degree in a comparable discipline with a First Class or Second Class Upper.
3. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and your school are where you must purchase the Direct Entry form if you are a Direct Entry applicant.
4. An Advanced Level Certificate with the least Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or any applicable Advanced Level Certificate.
5. Any additional qualifications that are equivalent to (1) and (4) above and are accepted to the Senate of the university of your choosing. Candidates must meet such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimum admission requirements.
List of Universities That Offer Archaeology
The following is the list of schools that offer Archaeology
1. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
2. University of Ibadan
3. University of Jos
4. University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Places to Work with a Degree in Archaeology
Below is the type of jobs that you can do as an Archaeologist;
- Tourism officer
- Social researcher
- Records manager
- Heritage manager
- Museum/gallery curator
- Higher education lecturer
- Museum education officer
- Museum/gallery exhibitions officer
- Historic buildings inspector/conservation officer
This concludes our discussion on the JAMB Subject Combination for Archaeology. Please keep in mind that you can ask us any questions you may have about the subject in the comment section below, and we will be happy to assist you.