Do you want to pursue a career in Bioinformatics? Are you in search of the JAMB subject combinations for Bioinformatics? If so, we are delighted to let you know that this post has been updated to include the JAMB subject combination for Bioinformatics.
The purpose of this article on JAMB Subjects Combination is to act as a guide for UTME and Direct Entry candidates in selecting the subjects they will be enrolling for in the JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. This article is significant because choosing the appropriate subject combinations for your O’Level subjects and college entrance exams is one of the key factors in determining your chances of admission.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination For Bioinformatics
JAMB UTME subject combination to study Bioinformatics JAMB UTME subject combination must include:
UTME Requirements To Study Bioinformatics In Nigeria
1. You must have at least CREDIT passes on your O’level test (WAEC, NABTEB, or NECO), with English and math passing in no more than two (2) sittings, in order to enroll in a Bioinformatics program in Nigeria. However, in some schools, it was required to take the test all at once.
2. You must be sixteen (16) years old by the final day of October in the admissions year.
3. Reach your institution’s Bioinformatics cutoff mark.
4. Have high results on the JAMB, WAEC, and post-UTME exams, if applicable.
Direct Entry Requirements To Study Bioinformatics In Nigeria
1. A maximum of two (2) sittings for a minimum of five (5) credits in the Ordinary Level of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE).
2. Degree in a comparable discipline with a First Class or Second Class Upper.
3. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and your school are where you must purchase the Direct Entry form if you are a Direct Entry applicant.
4. An Advanced Level Certificate with the least Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or any applicable Advanced Level Certificate.
5. Any additional qualifications that are equivalent to (1) and (4) above and are accepted to the Senate of the university of your choosing. Candidates must meet such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimum admission requirements.
Accredited Universities in Nigeria Offering Bioinformatics
- Crawford University, Igbesa (CU)
- Federal University of Health Science, Otukpo.
Career and Places you can work with a Degree in Bioinformatics
Below are the few sections and places where you can work with a degree in Bioinformatics:
- Pharmaceutical Scientist.
- Bioinformatics Technician.
- Bioinformatics Analyst.
We hope that you will find our post on the JAMB Subject Combination for Bioinformatics in 2023/2024 to be helpful. If you have any enquires to make on the aforementioned topic, kindly drop them in the comment section.