Are you planning to study biological science at any institution of your choice? And you are wondering what may be the JAMB Subject Combination For Biological Sciences? This site is here for you.
The prerequisites for biological science admission are listed on this page as well as the UTME and Direct Entry requirements. In addition, a list of Nigerian universities that are recognized to provide this course will be available.
Therefore, be rest assured that we have your back if you’re looking for information on the ideal WAEC and JAMB subject combination for biological science, as well as information on admission requirements, careers, and jobs for individuals with a degree in the subject.
We only ask that you pay close attention so that you can learn all the facts you need to correctly and successfully apply to study biological science at any of the Nigerian universities listed below.
Biological sciences is the study of life, living things, their life cycles, adaptations, and environments that fall under the umbrella. The term “biological sciences” refers to a broad field of study that encompasses several diverse fields of research, such as biochemistry, microbiology, and evolutionary biology.
From the molecular biology of a cell through the anatomy and physiology of plants and animals to the development of populations, biologists can investigate life at various levels of organization.
As a result, there are numerous subdisciplines of biology, each of which is determined by the type of research issues it addresses and the methods it employs. Similar to other scientists, biologists gather data about their surroundings by making observations, asking questions, coming up with theories, running experiments, and drawing conclusions.
JAMB Subject Combination For Biological Sciences
Compulsory and Correct UTME Subjects Required in JAMB to study Biological Sciences Are:
- Use of English
WAEC Subjects Combination For Biological Sciences
Biological Sciences Required subjects in WAEC include;
- English Language
- Any other Science subject.
UTME Requirements To Study Biological Sciences In Nigeria
- Before you may enroll in a biological sciences program in Nigeria, you must first have at least five credits in your O’level results (from a WAEC or NECO exam), including English and Mathematics, and you cannot have taken these subjects in more than two (2) sittings. A single sitting was necessary, nevertheless, at some schools.
- By the last day of October of the year of admission, you must be sixteen (16) years old.
- Fulfill the Biological Sciences graduation requirement for your school.
- Possess strong JAMB, WAEC, and, if applicable, post-UTME scores.
Direct Entry Requirements To Study Biological Sciences In Nigeria
- A maximum of two (2) sittings for a minimum of five (5) credits in the Ordinary Level of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE).
- Degree in a comparable discipline with a First Class or Second Class Upper.
- The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is where direct admission hopefuls must purchase the Direct admission form.
- An Advanced Level Certificate with the least Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or any applicable Advanced Level Certificate.
- Any additional qualifications that are equivalent to (1) and (4) above and are accepted to the Senate of the university of your choosing. Candidates must meet such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimum admission requirements.
List of Universities Offering Biological Sciences
List of Federal Universities Offering Biological Science
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Modibbo Adama University, Yola, Adamawa State
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State
- University Of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State
List of State Universities Offering Biological Science
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State
- Cross River University Of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers State
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe, Gombe State
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- Yobe State University, Damaturu, Yobe State
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano, Kano State
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliero, Kebbi State
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo Stat
- Rivers State University, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
List of Private Universities Offering Biological Science
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Augustine University, Ilara, Lagos, Lagos State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike, Enugu State
- Veritas University, Bwari, Abuja, FCT .
Sectors and Places you can Work with a Degree in Biological Science
- Science writer
- Forensic scientist
- Research scientist
- Nature conservation officer
- Government agency roles.