What JAMB subject combinations are needed to pursue a botany degree? In order to enroll in the preferred course, it is imperative that you be aware of the numerous subjects on which you will need to write. Since selecting the suitable subject combination is the initial stage in the admissions process, it is essential that you know the ideal JAMB Subject Combination For Botany.
The list of all Nigerian Universities where you can study botany, the admission requirements, the appropriate JAMB and WAEC subject combination for botany, and a ton of other information are all included on this page. With the help of this information, you will be able to apply for admission to study the course smoothly and without making any mistakes.
JAMB Subject Combination for Botany
In order to enroll in any Nigerian university to study botany, you must pass the JAMB UTME with a minimum score of 180 in just three (3) of the subjects you must study. The three (3) JAMB subjects that must be taken in combination with this course are listed below.
3). And any other Science subject.
Note: Both the English language and mathematics are required for the WAEC exam; however, only the English language is required for the JAMB exam. You can combine any three disciplines of your choosing with the English language to make four total.
WAEC Subjects Combination For Botany
You must have obtained at least five (5) SSCE credit passes in each of the required O’Level subjects for NECO, GCE, WAEC, and its equivalent in order to be eligible to enroll in this course. The five (5) O’Level subjects that make up the Botany O’Level requirement are listed below:
4). English Language,
5). And one other subject.
Admission Requirement (UTME) For Botany
The board demands that you: in order to apply for Botony admission through the UTME (100 level):
- possess a minimum of five (5) credits from the SSCE in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics in no more than two sittings.
- Obtain a JAMB UTME form, and place your preferred university as the first choice.
- Write about any science subject, including English, Biology, and Chemistry.
- You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
- Meet your school cut-off mark for Botany.
However, certain universities can have different requirements than those listed above by JAMB. Here is a list of the things that specific institutions want you to be aware of before granting you admission to Botany.
Admission Requirement (Direct Entry) For Botany
The boards mandate that you meet the following criteria in order to be accepted for Botany through Direct Entry (200 level):
- have at least two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry or Physics and Biology, Botany, or Zoology.
- hold five (5) or more SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics in no more than two sittings.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is where direct admission hopefuls must purchase the Direct admission form.
- an Advanced Level Certificate with a least Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or any applicable Advanced Level Certificate.
- Any additional qualifications that are equivalent to (1) and (4) above and are accepted to the Senate of the university of your choosing. Candidates must meet such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimum admission requirements.
There aren’t many institutions that will ask DE applicants to have more or fewer terms than what is required by JAMB, much like your UTME peers. The complete list of each university’s specific requirements for Botany Direct Entry admission is provided below.
Lists of Universities offering Botany
- Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma, Edo State
- Abia State University Uturu (ABSU) Uturu, Abia State
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria
- Achievers University is in Owo, Ondo State
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU) Adamawa State
- Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) Mkpat Enin, Akwa Ibom State
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi (ATBU) Bauchi State
- Bauchi State University Gadau (BASUG), Bauchi State
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK) Kano, Kano State
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) Benin City Edo State
- Bingham University Karu, Nasarawa State
- University Of Calabar (UNICAL) Calabar, Cross Rivers State
- Crawford University Igbesa, Ogun State
- Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka, Delta State
- Dominican University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU), Abakaliki, Ebonyi State
- Federal University Dutse (FUD), Dutse Jigawa State
- Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA), Nasarawa State
- Federal University Lokoja (FULOKOJA), Kogi State
- Alex Ekwueme Federal Univesity, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo (FUNAI) Abakaliki, Ebonyi State
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Ogun State
- Gombe State University (GSU), Gombe, Gombe State
- Hallmark University, Ijebu-Itele, Ogun State
- University of Ibadan (UI), Ibadan Oyo State
- Imo State University (IMSU) Owerri, Imo State
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU) Ikeji-Arakeji Osun State
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Jos, Plateau State
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology Aliero (KSUSTA), Kebbi State
- University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka Lagos State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University (IBBU) Lapai, Niger State
- Lagos State University (LASU), Ojo Lagos State
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) Maiduguri, Borno State
- The Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM), Benue State
- The Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA), Niger State
- University of Mkar (UMM), Mkar Gboko, Benue State.
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Osun State
- University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED), Ondo, Ondo State
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH) Okitipupa, Ondo State (now Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology)
- Paul University Awka, Anambra State
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Port Harcourt Plateau State
- Southwestern University Ikeja Lagos State
- Taraba State University (TSUJ), Jalingo Taraba State
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto (UDUSOK), Sokoto State
- Hezekiah University Umudi (UNIHEZ), Nkwerre Imo State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka (UNIZIK) Anambra State
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Enugu State
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO) Akwa Ibom State (the university calls it Botany and Ecological Studies)
- Veritas University, Bwari Abuja
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities in Botany
The following list includes some of the job and career opportunities we have provided in the field of botany:
- Cell Biologist
- Soil Scientist
- Land Manager
- Range Manager
- Plant Geneticist
- Market Gardener
- Museum Curator
- Nursery Operator
- Wildlife Manager
- Research Assistant
- Soil Conservationist
- University Professor
- Natural Resources Planner
- Natural Resources Manager
- Agricultural Chemist
- Conservation Officer
- Environmental Lawyer
- Environmental Analyst
- Agricultural Consultant
- Botanical Field Technician
- Environmental Technician
- Environmental Policy Officer
- Environmental Education Officer
- Environmental Education Assistant
- Environmental Impact Assessment Specialist
- Forest Manager
- Forest Technician
- Laboratory Manager
- Forestry Consultant
- Greenhouse Operator
- Global Warming Advocate
- International Aid Worker.