UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Building Technology
- A Level passes in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in Math, English, Physics, Chemistry, and any subject in Geography, Economics, Art, and Engineering Drawing. For NTC owners, other suitable topics can also be introduced for building, masonry, concrete, wall, floor and ceiling finishing, engineering/construction drawings, carpentry, gas, steam and bronze welding, cold/hot water supply, sewage disposal, and drainage.
JAMB Subject Combination For Building Technology
There are four (4) subjects that you must complete on the JAMB UTME exam and you must meet the JAMB Building Services Threshold, which is 180 for Universities.
WAEC Subject Combination For Building Technology
Below are the WAEC subjects that students looking for a combination for their building technology education can choose from. It is necessary for students who want to enroll in this course at a higher level of education.
At the WAEC (West African Examinations Council) you need at least five subjects. You can apply for WAEC subjects from NECO (National Examination Council) or any O-level exam. Below is a combination of subjects for teaching building services engineering at WAEC.
- English Language
- All fine arts, geography or woodworking, biology, economics, technology. Drawing, then math, introduction to construction, mixing/judging colors and glazes. Graphic Design, Concrete, Masonry/Blocking. Wall, Floor & Ceiling Finishing, Decorative Painting, Joinery, Cladding, Signage & Design, Hanging Walls, Ceramics, Printmaking, and Basic electricity.
List of Universities that Offer Building Technology as a Course
Here is a list of schools that offer a major in building technology along with the total number of applicants that selected that school as their first, second, third, or fourth choice in their most recent UTME.
The list of schools (universities) offering this degree is as follows:
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Covenant University Ota
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) and
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bells University of Technology
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities in Building Technology
- Site engineer
- Town planner
- Quantity surveyor
- Building surveyor
- Facilities manager
- Construction manager
- Management consultant
- Sustainability consultant
- Building control surveyor
- Building services engineer
- Architectural technologist
- Further education teacher
- Logistics and distribution manager
- Planning and development surveyor.
Candidates, parents, or guardians may select any of the universities on the aforementioned list since it includes both private and public institutions that currently offer building technologies programs. Most of the time, picking a school close to home will make it simpler for you to pursue the degree of your choice.
In conclusion, if you must select a state or federal university, select the one in your state or the institution that is most convenient for you for a fantastic opportunity to study Building Engineering or a course of your choice.
We hope the above was clear. We will react to your questions in the comments area below if you have any further questions concerning the list of colleges and institutions that offer building technology programs as well as their entrance standards.