If you wish to study Business Management at any of the Nigerian Universities, the first step to your success is knowing the right JAMB Subject Combination to apply for in your Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board JAMB Examination.
The essence of this article is to guide Direct Entry and UTME students who are intending to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) this year with the intention of studying Business Management on the correct JAMB subject combination for Business Management to apply in order to secure admission in the 2023/2024 academic session.
On this page, you will find the WAEC and JAMB subject combination required to study Business Management, a list of Universities where you can study Business Management, Direct Entry Admission requirements to study Business Management, places you can work with a degree in Business Management which is under the faculty of Administration.
JAMB Subject Combination for Business Management
There are three (3) subjects that you will meet in your JAMB UTME examination and you are expected to score up to the JAMB cut-off mark for Business And Entrepreneurship Studies which is 180 for Universities.
JAMB Subjects for Business Management in the Faculty of Administration:
3). And one (1) other subject.
O’Level Subjects to Study Business Management
The correct NECO, GCE, WAEC, and their equivalent requirements for a course like business administration are listed below. Take note of the following.
NECO, GCE, WAEC Subject Combinations for Business Management:
3). English Language
4). And any two (2) subjects of Business Methods, Accounting, Commerce, Geography, Statistics, and Government.
Direct Entry (DE) Admission Requirements to Study Business Management
The Business Management Direct Entry admission requirement has been listed below for candidates who don’t intend to apply for admission using UTME.
1. Five (5) or more credits at the Ordinary Level in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) in no more than two (2) sittings.
2. Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
3. You must purchase the Direct Entry form as a candidate for Direct Entry from your school and the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
4. A minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), and other Advanced Level Certificates.
5. Other qualifications acceptable to the Senate of your University of choice, and being comparable to (1) and (4) above.
Candidates must meet such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimum admission requirements.
Requirements To Study Business Management In Nigeria
1. For you to study Business Management in Nigeria, you must have at least CREDIT passes in your O’level result (WAEC, NABTEB, or NECO) including English and Mathematics not more than two (2) sittings. However, some schools required one sitting.
2. You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
3. Meet your school cut-off mark for Business Management.
4. Have a good JAMB, WAEC, and Post UTME Score if any.
Universities in Nigeria to Study Business Management
1. AUN (AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, YOLA, ADAMAWA STATE)
2. ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE
3. BSU (BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE)
4. EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE)
5. EPU (EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY, OGBOKO, IMO STATE)
6. EVANGEL UNIVERSITY, AKAEZE, EBONYI STATE
7. FED-DUTSINMA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSIN-MA, KATSINA STATE)
8. IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE
9. MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE
10. UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE
11. UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO, BENUE STATE
12. UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE)
13. RSUST (RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, PORT HARCOURT, R/STATE)
14. UNIHEZ (HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY, UMUDI, IMO STATE)
15. UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE)
16. UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)
17. WESTERN-DEL (WESTERN DELTA UNIVERSITY, OGHARA, DELTA STATE)
Job Prospects and Career Opportunities in Business Management
Supply chain manager
Human resources officer
Corporate investment banker
Business development manager
Logistics and distribution manager
Chartered management accountant
In conclusion, prospective candidates with the wrong subject combination for Business Management are not restricted from taking part in the Pre-Admission Screening Exercise.
Except in cases when the applicant is considering a change of institution or course, such a candidate will not be given consideration for admission.
Furthermore, you can apply for Business Management with awaiting results but you must provide your result immediately after admission commences.
We hope that you found our article on JAMB Subject Combination For Business Management to be helpful.