Do you want to know the JAMB Computer Science Subject Combination? If you are a Science student but are unsure about the specific subject you should write about or the JAMB subject combination for Computer Science, feel free to use our site. All you have to do is take note of the detailed instructions on the subject you will be writing about.
What is Computer Science all about?
Computer science is the study of computers and computing, including the theoretical and algorithmic underpinnings, hardware, software, and information processing applications. It is the study of artificial intelligence, computer and network design, data and information process modeling, and algorithms and data structures.
Due to its mathematical and engineering roots, computer science also draws on concepts from queueing theory, probability and statistics, and electrical circuit design. In computer science, hypothesis testing and experimentation are widely used during the conception, design, evaluation, and improvement of novel algorithms, information structures, and computer systems.
Why You Should Study Computer Science
1. We Live in the Digital Age
The development of computer power has led to amazing advancements in hardware and software that have altered cultural norms and behavior throughout the world. Computer science gave birth to devices like smartphones, tablets, the internet, networked communications, and even social media.
In our society, content is consumed through screens, whether it be news, information, entertainment, or communication. Computer science has ushered in the true digital age in which we now find ourselves.
2. Contribute to Making the World a Better Place
The digital age has led to an increase in the delivery, acquisition, and transmission of data across many platforms that rely more and more on software programs.
Every sector of the economy is impacted by this trend, including the banking, accountancy, healthcare, and transportation sectors. Even commonplace objects can be improved.
3. A Wide Range of Specializations
Qualified professionals have a wide choice of alternatives because computer science is employed in so many facets of life and business.
You’ll be presented with a range of specialties and responsibilities after earning your degree in computer science, and even while you’re still in school, including IT manager, network architect, software developer, computer systems analyst, etc.
You should actually study computer science for a number of reasons. Yet, we made the decision to just present you with these three arguments.
Jamb Subject Combination For Computer Science
Mathematics, English Language, and two science subjects, such as Physics, Chemistry, or Biology, make up the computer science-related Jamb subject combination. Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry are required for O’level computer science in Jamb.
Economics or geography are other possible combinations with physics. To be eligible for the Post-UTME screening process at any university of your choice, you must receive a score of up to 170 on the Jamb UTME. One of the hardest to get into Nigerian universities is computer science.
Understanding computer programming, software development, and hardware maintenance on a deep level requires a lifetime commitment to study. To succeed in computer science, you must have a strong background in math and science. Because they are afraid of the math and language questions in the Jamb UTME exams, we have seen students with straight as in their O’level scores consistently get below 250 points.
The Jamb subject combination for computer science is mathematics, English language, and two science disciplines like physics, chemistry, or biology. The O’level requirements for computer science in the Jamb include credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
You can also mix physics with geography or economics. To be eligible for the post-UTME screening process at any university of your choice, you must receive a Jamb UTME score of up to 170.
The subjects Required to study Computer Science in Nigeria are:
- English Language
The four (4) subjects you must enroll in JAMB are:
- Use of English
- Mathematics and
- one (1) of Biology, Chemistry, Agric Science, Economics, and Geography.
Universities That Offers Computer Science
There are certain universities in Nigeria that provide computer science, but not all of them assist you in making your decision, we have given you a list below.
- Adamawa State University
- Adekunle Ajasin University
- Afe Babalola University
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Ajayi Crowther University
- Akwa Ibom State University
- Ambrose Alli University
- Babcock University
- Bauchi State University
- Bayero University
- Baze University
- Benson Idahosa University
- Benue State University
- Bowen University
- Caleb University
- Caritas University
- Covenant University
- Ebonyi State University
- Ekiti State University
- Elizade University
- Federal University, of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University, of Petroleum Resources
- Federal University, of Technology, Akure
- Federal University, of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University,, Dutse
- Federal University,, Kashere,
- Federal University,, Lafia.
- Federal University,, Lokoja.
- Federal University Ndifu-Alike.
- Federal University Oye-Ekiti.
- Federal University Wukari.
- Fountain University
- Godfrey Okoye University Gregory University
- Gombe State University University of Ilorin
- Imo State University
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University
- Kano University of Science & Technology
- Kwara State University Kogi State University
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Lagos State University
- Landmark University
- Madonna University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Niger Delta University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Northwest University
- Novenna University Nigerian-Turkish
- Nile University
- Oduduwa University
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology
- Osun State University
- Paul University
- Plateau State University
- Redeemer’s University
- Renaissance University
- Rhema University
- River State University of Science and Technology
- Salem University
- Samuel Adegboyega University
- Sokoto State University
- Southwestern University
- Tai Solarin University of Education
- University Of Cross River State
- University of Abuja
- University of Benin
- University of Calabar
- University of Jos
- Kaduna State University
- University of Lagos
- University of Nigeria
- University of Port-Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University
- Wesley University of Science & Technology
- Western Delta University