Are you a prospective student who has been searching for JAMB Subject Combination for a course like Dentistry and Dental Surgery or wishes to know detailed information regarding the admission requirement for Dentistry and Dental Surgery?
Then you don’t need to worry, because this article is well-documented to serve you with accurate information you might want to know about the above subject matter. Sit tight and continue reading the article below.
Here on this page, we will guide you through the correct Jamb subject combination for Dentistry and Dental Surgery, a comprehensive list of admission requirements for qualified and interested candidates alongside other tangible information you may need in other for you to be qualified to study a course like Dentistry and Dental Surgery.
Dental surgery is any of a number of medical procedures that involve artificially modifying dentition; in other words, surgery of the teeth, gums, and jaw bones.
While dentists are primary care physicians responsible for the upkeep of a patient’s oral health along with simple treatments, oral surgeons perform evaluations and procedures for specific, complex issues and surgeries.
The course is offered in many universities for a period of Six, Five, or Four years (depending on the school), just like medicine and surgery. Afterward, such a student would be awarded a Bachelor of Dental Surgery B.D.S.
Requirements To Study Dentistry and Dental Surgery In Nigeria
1. You must have at least CREDIT passes in English and mathematics in no more than two (2) sittings in your O’level results (WAEC, NABTEB, or NECO) in order to study dentistry in Nigeria. Some schools, though, mandated a single sitting.
2. You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
3. Meet your school cut-off mark for Dentistry.
4. Have a good JAMB, WAEC, and Post UTME Score if any.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Dentistry and Dental Surgery
If you are a student who is searching for the JAMB subject combination for Dentistry And Dental Surgery which happens to be under the Faculty of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences, then below are the proper Jamb Subject combination for Dentistry and Dental Surgery.
There are only three subjects required in the JAMB UTME examination for this course, and they include the following subjects that are listed below:
3). Anyone (1) other Science subjects.
O’Level Subject Combination & Requirements
Please be informed that the term O’Level subject combination covers both NECO, GCE, etc., and even WAEC subjection and requirements for Dentistry And Dental Surgery.
So, whether you have a WAEC result, NECO, GCE, etc, all that is required is for your result to contain the subjects listed below.
To study Dentistry And Dental Surgery, you are required to have at least five (5) credit passes in the following O’Level subjects:
1). English Language.
Direct Entry Admission Requirement for Dentistry And Dental Surgery
All those candidates that would be applying for this course but not with Jamb Post UTME should ensure that they meet the following Dentistry And Dental Surgery direct entry admission requirements listed below.
1). Three (3) ‘A’ level passes which must include Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/Zoology.
Nigerian Universities Offering Dentistry and Dental Surgery
1. UNILAG (University of Lagos)
2. UNN (University of Nigeria)
3. UNIBEN (University of Benin)
4. UNICAL (University of Calabar)
5. UI (University of Ibadan)
6. UNIPORT (University of Port-Harcourt)
7. BUK (Bayero University Kano)
8. LASU (Lagos State University)
9. OAU (Obafemi Awolowo University)
10. UNIJOS (University of Jos)
11. UNIMAID (University of Maiduguri)
12. UNIMED (University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State)
Career/Jobs for Students with a Degree in Dentistry and Dental Surgery
Health service manager.
Higher education lecturer.
Health promotion specialist.
Medical sales representative.
Primary school teacher.
Secondary school teacher.
Teaching laboratory technician.
This is all we have to say about JAMB Subject Combination for Dentistry and Dental Surgery. Do well to check us back on more detailed information we won’t hesitate to update you on.