Are you in search of the ideal JAMB subject combination for Economics and Statistics? If so, you have come to the right place because this page contains the information you need to apply for the course. We’ve also provided a list of all the Nigerian universities where you can study Economics and Statistics in addition to the information indicated above.
In this article, we’ll talk about the Economics and Statistics of UTME and Direct Entry admission requirements. We advise both UTME/DE applicants to pay close attention to this page and comprehend the prerequisites in order to correctly complete their registration and submit an application for admission.
JAMB Subject Combination For Economics And Statistics
If you want to study Economics and Statistics, you must take the following four (4) topics in JAMB, with Use of English being required regardless of the program you choose:
- Use of English
- Mathematics and
- any of Government, History, Geography, Literature in English, French, and Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies.
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Economics and Statistics
In order to enroll in a Statistics and Economics course at a Nigerian university, you must have earned at least 5 credits in the required WAEC subject combination. For other O’level exams, such as NECO AND GCE, this subject combination is also acceptable. The mix of subjects for Economics and Statistics in the WAEC required for the O level must be:
- Any two of the Arts or Social Science subjects
- A trade subject
- English Language
UTME Requirements To Study Economics And Statistics In Nigeria
1. If you want to study economics and statistics in Nigeria, you must have at least CREDIT passes on your O’level exam (WAEC, NABTEB, or NECO), with English and math passing in no more than two (2) sittings. A single sitting was necessary, nevertheless, at some schools.
2. By the last day of October of the year of admission, you must be sixteen (16) years old.
3. Achieve the economics and statistics cutoff for your institution.
4. Possess strong JAMB, WAEC, and, if applicable, post-UTME scores.
Direct Entry Requirements To Study Economics And Statistics In Nigeria
1. A maximum of two (2) sittings for a minimum of five (5) credits in the Ordinary Level of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE).
2. Degree in a comparable discipline with a First Class or Second Class Upper.
3. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and your school are where you must purchase the Direct Entry form if you are a Direct Entry applicant.
4. An Advanced Level Certificate with the least Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or any applicable Advanced Level Certificate.
5. Any additional qualifications that are equivalent to (1) and (4) above and are accepted to the Senate of the university of your choosing. Candidates must meet such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimum admission requirements.
Universities In Nigeria That Offers Economics And Statistics
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba – Akoko
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- University of Ibadan (UI), Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo.
We hope that you will find our post on the JAMB Subject Combination for Economics and Statistics in 2023/2024 to be helpful. If you have any enquires to make on the aforementioned topic, kindly drop them in the comment section.