Do you intend to enroll in a French course at a Nigerian university? In this article, you will be shown the UTME subject combinations, O’level requirements, and Direct Entry (DE) requirements for French in the Faculty/College of Art.
This page will display the JAMB subjects required as well as any additional entrance requirements for studying French. We also will show you a list of every Nigerian university where you could enroll in the course, along with a description of their particular requirements. The UTME and Direct Entry candidates’ requirements for admission to the French program are listed below.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination for French
The subjects you must select as a candidate for the UTME are yet another crucial aspect that you must seriously take into account when applying to study French. Except on rare occasions when the University chooses what they want (i.e. Special Consideration), you cannot just choose any subject you feel like because there are specific general subjects that are required.
Four (4) O’Level subjects will be required of you during your JAMB UTME. The following list contains the four (4) appropriate subject pairings for French, which is offered by the Arts & Humanities faculty in the majority of Nigerian universities.
2) English Language
3) And any other two (2) Arts and Social Sciences subjects.
Requirements To Study French In Nigeria
1. Before you can enroll in a French course in Nigeria, you must first have received at least 5 credits in your O’level results (WAEC or NECO), including English and mathematics, and this must have been done in no more than two (2) sittings. Some schools, though, mandated a single sitting.
2. By the last day of October of the admissions year, you must have reached the age of sixteen (16).
3. Reach the French proficiency requirement for your school.
4. Good scores on the JAMB, WAEC, and post-UTME exams.
Direct Entry Requirements To Study French In Nigeria
1. Five (5) or more credits at the Ordinary Level in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) in no more than two (2) sittings.
2. Degree in a related field with a First Class or Second Class Upper.
3. The Direct Entry form must be purchased by direct entry candidates from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
4. an Advanced Level Certificate with a minimum Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or other applicable Advanced Level Certificate.
5. Any additional qualifications that are equivalent to (1) and (4) above and are acceptable to the Senate of the university of your choice. Candidates must meet such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimum admission requirements.
6. The Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
7. Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
List of Universities In Nigeria Offering French
- AAU (AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE).
- ABSU (ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE).
- ABU (AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE).
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE.
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE.
- UNIBEN (UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE).
- BSU (BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE).
- UNICAL (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE).
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, CANAAN LAND, OTA, OGUN STATE.
- CROWN HILL UNIVERSITY, EIYENKORIN, KWARA STATE.
- DELSU (DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE).
- EBSU (EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE).
- EKSU (EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE).
- FED-LAFIA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE).
- FED-LOKOJA (FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE).
- FED-NDUFU (ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE).
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE.
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE.
- IAUED (IGNATIUS AJURU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE).
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE.
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE.
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE.
- IMSU (IMO STATE UNIVERSITY, OWERRI, IMO STATE).
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE.
- KASU (KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE).
- KWASU (KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY, MALETE, ILORIN, KWARA STATE).
- UNILAG (UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE).
- LAPAI (IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE).
- LASU (LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE).
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE.
- NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI, NASARAWA STATE.
- NAUB (NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY, BIU, BORNO STATE).
- NDA (NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY, KADUNA, KADUNA STATE).
- OAU (OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE).
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- UNIPORT (UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE).
- NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY, WUDIL, KANO STATE.
- REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY, OSUN STATE.
- SAU (SAMUEL ADEGBOYEGA UNIVERSITY, OGWA, EDO STATE).
- TSUJ (TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE).
- UDU (USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE).
- UMYUK (UMARU MUSA YARADUA UNIVERSITY, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE).
- UNIOSUN (OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE).
- UNIZIK (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE).
- UNN (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE).
- UNIUYO (UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE).