Do you want to pursue a career in Horticulture? Are you in search of the JAMB subject combination for Horticulture? If so, we are delighted to let you know that this post has been updated to include the JAMB subject combination for Horticulture.
This post will cover the JAMB subject combinations for Horticulture as well as the O’Level Subjects and Requirements, Direct Entry Requirements, and other details necessary to help you get accepted to study Horticulture.
JAMB Subject Combination for Horticulture
The 4 JAMB subject combinations for Horticulture are:
3. Biology/Agricultural Science
WAEC Subject Combination For Horticulture
3. Civic Education
4. Trade Subject
6. Biology/Agricultural Science
8. Geography/Further Mathematics
UTME Requirements To Study Horticulture In Nigeria
1. If you want to study Horticulture in Nigeria, you must have at least CREDIT passes on your O’level exam (WAEC, NABTEB, or NECO), with English and math passing in no more than two (2) sittings. A single sitting was necessary, nevertheless, at some schools.
2. By the last day of October of the year of admission, you must be sixteen (16) years old.
3. Achieve the Horticulture cutoff for your institution.
4. Possess strong JAMB, WAEC, and, if applicable, post-UTME scores.
Direct Entry Requirements To Study Horticulture In Nigeria
1. A maximum of two (2) sittings for a minimum of five (5) credits in the Ordinary Level of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE).
2. Degree in a comparable discipline with a First Class or Second Class Upper.
3. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and your school are where you must purchase the Direct Entry form if you are a Direct Entry applicant.
4. An Advanced Level Certificate with the least Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or any applicable Advanced Level Certificate.
5. Any additional qualifications that are equivalent to (1) and (4) above and are accepted to the Senate of the university of your choosing. Candidates must meet such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimum admission requirements.
List Of Universities In Nigeria Offering Horticulture
- The Federal University of Horticulture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Ahmadu Bello University
- University of Ibadan
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- University of Nigeria
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- University of Ilorin
- University of Benin
- University of Calabar
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Maiduguri
- Rivers State University
Places You Can Work With A Degree In Horticulture
- Plant Pathologist.
- Consultant in horticulture.
- Ornamental horticulturist.
- Horticultural technician.
- Plant Care Worker.
- Nursery Staffer.
- Landscape Designer.
- Pest Management.
- Horticultural Inspector.
- Business Management.