The majority of students in social science elect political science as a course. As one of the top courses to take, it is also regarded as such. It’s not a must to study political science to become a politician; rather, this subject teaches you the fundamentals of politics and a variety of governmental structures.
You must be aware of the prerequisites as a recent high school graduate who has the desire or motivation to enroll in this course. Your JAMB topic combination will be covered in this post. Your extensive preparation for the situation might benefit from this.
Many students are unaware of the subjects that are necessary for a given course; therefore, picking the incorrect mix of subjects is going to be a mistake that will undoubtedly have an impact on your admissions procedure in the future. We have made an effort to provide the JAMB topic combinations that are necessary for this course.
Jamb Subject Combination For Political Science
- English Language
With the above knowledge, one can concentrate on the subjects and give them more attention while studying in order to earn the greatest scores, which only increases the likelihood of being admitted to the Department of Political Science.
Although the information above outlines the basic JAMB requirements for enrolling in a political science program at a university, certain institutions have their own requirements that may differ from those of other institutions.
The information listed here is necessary, however in some situations, these universities may insist that a particular course be included in the combination.
But, it is always advisable to check the university’s prerequisites for the course in advance to be sure, as we’ve mentioned above, occasionally colleges require a specific course, like mathematics, for example.
Universities Offering Political Science In Nigeria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN).
Direct Entry Requirement for Political Science
- Two (2) A’ level passes to include Government or History.
AUE accepts “A” level results, NCEs in Economics or Business Management and one (1) additional subject, ND upper credit in Business Administration, as well as UTME qualifications.
UTME Requirement for Political Science
- English Language, Government/History, and any other three (3) courses from the Arts or Social Sciences, along with a minimum “O” level pass in Mathematics, must be completed in order to receive five (5) SSC credits.
Requirements To Study Political Science In Nigeria
- If you want to study political science in Nigeria, you must have at least three passes on your O’level exam (WAEC, NABTEB, or NECO), which must have been taken in not more than two (2) sittings and including English and mathematics. Some schools require a single sitting.
- By the last day of October of the year of admission, you must be sixteen (16) years old.
- Satisfy the political science minimum GPA requirement for your institution.
- Possess strong JAMB, WAEC, and, if applicable, post UTME scores.
Direct Entry Requirements To Study Political Science In Nigeria
- A maximum of two (2) sittings for a minimum of five (5) credits in the Ordinary Level of the Senior Secondary Certificate Exams (SSCE/GCE).
- Degree in a comparable discipline with a First Class or Second Class Higher.
- The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and your school are where you must purchase the Direct Entry form if you are a Direct Entry applicant.
- An Advanced Level Certificate with the least Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or any applicable Advanced Level Certificate.
- Any additional qualifications that are equivalent to (1) and (4) above and are accepted to the Senate of the university of your choosing. Candidates must meet such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimum admission requirements.
Political Science students who choose the incorrect course combination are NOT prohibited from taking the pre-admission screening test. Such a candidate won’t, however, be taken into consideration for admission unless they decide to change their programme of study or their institution.
Affected candidates are urged to carefully review the JAMB brochure to find a course whose requirements match the topics they took for JAMB. The JAMB Brochure CD that candidates get upon registration contains information on the required UTME subject combinations for Political Science at Nigerian universities.
Also, you can access your Political Science UTME subject combination on the JAMB portal. In addition, you are permitted to apply for Political Science while waiting for your results, but you must submit them as soon as admission is granted.