The Lagos State University (LASU) uses online clearance for graduating students in an effort to cut down on paperwork and streamline the process for the students.
Lagos State University is getting set to roll out an online clearing system for graduating students in an effort to streamline final-year clearance for students and minimize paperwork at the university. Today, the software was demonstrated during a training session for university representatives.
This new online clearance application, which is applicable to Part-time, Sandwich, and Full-time students, was developed in collaboration with the University’s Directorate of ICT, under the direction of Dr. Toyin Enikuomehin, and the Exams and Records Division, under the direction of Mr. Akinrinmade Olubode. It will enable graduating students to submit all necessary documents for this process online.
The clearing procedure will be carried out in the following order, according to Dr. Enikuomehin, who oversaw the training:
Faculty Office/External System
Professor Wahab Elias, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics), visited the training today afternoon at the ICT Building to encourage the staff members who would see the process through to accept the new system as a part of the University’s future development.
LASU Graduating Students Online Clearance Guidelines And Procedures
1. Check out https://www.lasu.edu.ng. Click LASU-GCS under the “Student” option or go to https://www.lasu.edu.ng/gcs.
2. Go to “Begin Clearance” and click.
3. Fill out your “Matriculation Number” after choosing the “Student Category.” Click the “Submit” button after you have reviewed your information.
4. A link and an activation pin will be provided to your email upon successful completion of *Step 3*. Keep in mind that your clearance process will also call for the same pin.
5. The activation link in your email and click it. Then click the “Activate” button after entering your pin and matriculation number on the activation screen.
6. In order to secure your clearance dashboard after successful activation, you will need to generate a password. For your password to be saved, click the submit button.
7. Once *Step 6* has been successfully completed, you will be taken to the “Login” page, where students must enter their matriculation number and password. the “sign in” button, and then.
8. The progression of the clearance applications is presented on the dashboard in order of priority.
9. To begin clearing, click the “Clearance” link on the left side of the navigation menu.
10. On the clearing page, provide the necessary information (uploading your passport, your signature, etc.) and press the “Submit” button.
11. You will receive an email and a notification on your dashboard when your clearance is approved or denied. Move on to the following stage in line when a stage has been approved. Do this up until the last clearance stage, the internal audit clearance.
12. When all clearance steps have been completed and approved, download your fully approved clearance by clicking the “Print Clearance” option located at the left-side navigation menu.
NB: Graduating students should be aware that enrolling in and registering with the Alumni Association is necessary in order to receive final clearance.
- Undergraduate Students should visit: www.lasu.edu.ng/gcs/ and follow the steps provided on the homepage to complete clearance.
- Postgraduate Students should visit www.lasu.edu.ng/pg-gcs/ and follow the steps provided on the homepage to complete clearance.
Steps Required for External System Students to Complete the Belated Graduating Clearance as Approved
1. Click here: www.lasu.edu.ng/gcs/evidence.php. The payment process is contained on the evidence of payment verification page in the approved form.
2. Get a transaction receipt in PDF format as proof of payment by following the instructions on this page, paying the clearance fee, and paying it.
3. Return to the “The evidence of payment verification page” (as mentioned in step 1) after paying the clearance charge.
4. The transaction receipt must be uploaded, together with the payment transaction ID or reference ID, an email address that may be reached, and other information. The payment information can then be successfully uploaded by selecting the “upload receipt” button.
If the money transaction data uploaded are discovered to be false, the student is responsible for his or her actions.
5. An email notification will be sent to the email address provided in Step 4 once the payment has been verified.
6. By choosing the “Check Verification Status” option on the “Evidence of payment verification” page, students can also keep track of the status of their payment verification. On the next screen, type your surname and matriculation number and press the “check” button.
7. The system shows the evidence’s verification status when step 6 is successful.
8. Navigate to the main clearance portal to start the actual clearance process when the payment’s authenticity has been confirmed.
We anticipate that this approach will make it easier for LASU external system students to complete their late graduation clearance. Please do not hesitate to contact the LASU support team if you have any questions or need more information. They are constantly available to help and make sure your clearance process goes smoothly.