This is to let you know that the University Health Services have started a required medical screening process for all newly admitted students for the academic year 2022/2023. The University Health Services (UHS) has scheduled student medical screening to begin on Monday, June 19, 2023, and officially notifies all newly admitted students to Lagos State University of this appointment.
The students are scheduled in batches of 50 to 70 each day, up until the very last one. Greater coordination makes it possible for the workout to go more smoothly. The expectation for incoming students is that they adhere to these rules.
LASU Medical Screening Guidelines And Requirements
Participants may perform a variety of tests as part of a medical screening exercise, which may include:
1. Medical history questionnaire: It may be necessary for participants to disclose information regarding their medical background, previous illnesses, operations, prescription drugs, and any ongoing medical issues.
2. Physical examination: A full physical examination may be performed by a medical practitioner, who will measure vital indicators such as body temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, and respiration rate. For an overall health evaluation, they might also look at other body systems.
3. Laboratory tests: It is possible to request blood or urine samples from participants for testing in the lab. These tests can be used to evaluate certain aspects of health, such as blood cell counts, cholesterol levels, or infectious infections, or to identify any underlying medical issues.
4. Additional tests: Electrocardiograms (ECGs), chest X-rays, and vision and hearing tests, among others, may be performed in addition to the screening in accordance with the particular criteria.
How to Print LASU Medical Screening Date
1. To print the date of the scheduled medical examination, go to the LASU website.
2. The following items should be brought to the LASU Health Centre’s outpatient department:
The documents to carry for LASU medical screening exercise include:
- A printed copy of the medical screening scheduled date
- Two (2) recent passport photographs
- Copy of receipt of payment for medical screening
- Writing materials
- Facemask and Hand Sanitizer
N.B: Students should go to the DICT to reschedule if they miss their planned date. Parents, staff members, former pupils, and friends are not permitted in the screening area.
If you have any questions about the scheduling for the LASU Medical Screening for New Students, please scroll down to the comment box, and we would be pleased to assist you.