We are pleased to inform you that the management of Lagos State University has invited suitable applicants to register for the 2023 Supplementary Postgraduate Admission Form.
As an aspirant, it is relevant you note the procedure for the LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Admission Form application process and guidelines.
Be duly informed that here on this page we’ll walk you through the steps on how to apply for LASU postgraduate form and the accredited courses offered, the requirements, and the duration for each course. So without further ado, let’s dive into the main essence of this article.
How to Apply for LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Admission Form
- Candidates must deposit a non-refundable application fee of Twenty Five Thousand Three Hundred Naira (N25,300.00) into the LASU online account.
- Candidates must sit for Entrance Examination on the Main Campus, Ojo, Lagos.
N/B If you need information on the admission requirements and the mode of payment for the application fee kindly visit www.lasu.edu.ng
List of Accredited LASU Supplementary Postgraduate Courses, Duration and Requirements
1. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
MASTER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY [MIT]
Candidates who meet the requirements listed below are eligible to apply to the MIT program, providing they have five (5) credits passes in any discipline, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or any related discipline;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or any related discipline;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Business Management discipline Second (2nd) class lower division and a minimum of Three (3) years of IT-related experience;
- Higher National Diploma in any Computing, Electrical/Electronic discipline (Upper credit) and a minimum of Three (3) years of IT-related experience;
- Holders of professional certificates from recognized institutions/bodies such as CPN, ICAN, ANAN, CIBN, CIS, CITN, or other similar/related certifications with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in conducting IT-related services.
- A minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.
- All candidates seeking admission to the MIT program must show evidence that they have done an introduction to Computer Science/Computer
- Appreciation/Computer Literacy or any Computer-related course at the undergraduate level
2. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
PROFESSION MASTER OF BUSINESS ECONOMICS [MBE]
Candidates who are aspiring for the Professional Master Degree in Business Economics must have a minimum of:
- A Second (2nd) Class Lower Division Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Banking & Finance, Business Administration, Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management, Marketing, Accounting, Public Administration, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or any other related fields.
- LASU Post-Graduate Diploma with a minimum of 50% cumulative weighted average.
- Applicants with Postgraduate Diplomas from other Universities with a CGPA of 3.50 and above on a scale of 5.0 are eligible to apply for the Professional Master Degree;
- Applicants with Third (3rd) Class Honours Degree, along with a Postgraduate Diploma of 3.50 CGPA and above on a scale of 5.0 are eligible for admission to this Professional Master Degree;
- Applicants with Higher National Diploma (HND) plus Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) are eligible to apply for the Professional Master Degree in Business Economics;
- Applicants are also required to possess Five (5) O’Level Credits of GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB in English language, Maths, Economics, and any other two (2) subjects or in combination with Advanced Level papers.
- Applicants with any one (1) O’Level deficiency relevant to the Degree entry requirements earlier permitted at the point of First
- A degree can be considered for admission.
- Applicants with one (1) O’Level deficiency would be subjected to a University template to remedy it by taking prescribed relevant internal additional undergraduate courses (within Lagos State University) at an appropriate additional fee.
- A minimum of two (2) semesters
- The minimum duration for the program is four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.
- The program is a Professional Degree.
- Upon successful completion of the program, candidates with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 can progress to the Professional
Doctorate Degree in Business Economics Requirements
Regulations controlling the degree’s awarding process include:
- The examination shall be conducted in accordance with the regulation of the Postgraduate School, Lagos State University, Ojo.
- To qualify for the award of the Masters of Business Economics (MBE), candidates must register and pass a minimum of 36 units including a Dissertation (Project).
- The average mark for the program is based on grade scores in all the courses taken including Dissertation (project).
- Examination grades in each course are recorded as percentage marks.
- Satisfy all requirements as stipulated in the regulations of the Postgraduate School.
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Security Studies [PDCSS]
The following are the requirements for entry into the Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Security Studies (PDCSS) program:
- All candidates must possess a minimum of Five O’ Level Credit Passes which must include the English Language.
- All candidates must possess an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in the Humanities, Social Sciences or Management Sciences, Science, or any other relevant field of specialization with at least a Third (3rd) Class Division from Lagos State University or any other Institution recognized by the Senate of Lagos State University.
- Candidates with HND, not less than lower credit, or a professional certificate in security management, law enforcement, international relations, strategic studies, or security studies can also apply.
- Mature candidates of 30 years of age and above with [insufficient] less than Five (5) credits at O’ Level certificate including English Language or Mathematics, but with at least Ten (10) years working experience in relevant organizations will be allowed on the program.
- Such candidates will, however, have to meet the University admission requirements before they can utilize the Postgraduate Diploma for admission into the Master’s Degree programs of the Centre.
- A minimum of two (2) semesters
3. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Master in Business Administration (MBA) With areas of specialization:
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- International Business
- Production & Operations Management
- Health Care Management and
Oil, Gas, and Energy Management
- Graduates of Lagos State University and holder of a Degree recognized by the Senate of Lagos State University with a minimum of Second (2nd) Class Lower.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University with Third (3rd) Class or Pass Degree, plus Postgraduate Diploma.
- Holders of Professional qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, CIPM, or any other Professional qualification approved by the Senate of Lagos State University in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Insurance, Marketing, Engineering, and Allied disciplines.
- Such a candidate may be considered for admission based on such qualifications.
- HND with Upper Credit in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Insurance, Marketing, Engineering, and Allied disciplines provided that such candidate presents a PGD in relevant disciplines.
- All candidates must possess Five (5) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics at not more than Two (2) sittings.
- A minimum of Three (3) years post qualification and post-NYSC working experience in a reputable organization.
- Minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters.
- Candidates who are still enrolled in their current postgraduate programs or have not finished their National Youth Service Corps assignment are not eligible to apply.
- At the latest two (2) weeks after the form sale’s conclusion, all academic transcripts must be received.
Requesting the transfer of application forms that have been processed from one
- There will be no department-to-department transfers.
- Candidates must appear in person for both the selection process and the written tests because there will be no make-up exams.
- For all programs, applicants must fill out online application forms and print out copies of their e-Registration slips.
We hope this page was helpful. If you have any questions please kindly drop them in the comment section below and our team of research experts will reach out to you with adequate answers.