Searching for a list of universities that offers Physiology in Nigeria? If so, your search ends here. In this article, we have published a list of universities in Nigeria that offers Physiology. So read on to see the full list.
In our society today, quite a number of science-based graduates from secondary schools are sometimes faced with a lot of disappointments from well-recognized Universities due to the courses they intend to study.
Departments like medicine and surgery or nursing are crowded with a lot of students, hence admissions are rarely given. This can then results in choosing other options that relate to their intended course of study.
Courses like Physiology, Anatomy, and Biochemistry can be recommended for such students to help determine their intended goals.
Physiology is a branch of biology that focuses on how organisms, organ systems, specific organs, cells, and biomolecules carry out the chemical and physical processes in a living system. It is the study of how a biological organism works and how its mechanisms work.
The field can be separated into medical physiology, animal physiology, plant physiology, cell physiology, and comparative physiology based on the types of organisms.
Although not very competitive, physiology is a health discipline that receives a respectable number of applications from students each year through JAMB.
Although this course may not be as competitive as those in medicine and surgery, pharmacy, or nursing, the criteria for enrolling students are comparable.
Out of the more than 100 universities in Nigeria, only about twenty-seven (27) of them—including federal, state, and private universities—are fully accredited to offer physiology.
However, a sizable number of students still apply for this course through JAMB, making it somewhat difficult for students to be admitted to this program.
Having known the basic entry requirements for Physiology, possible JAMB Score for Physiology, and the JAMB subject combinations.
In this article we have taken a painstaking effort to provide you with the full list of Nigerian Universities that offer Physiology.
List of Universities that offers Physiology in Nigeria
1. Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
2. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
3. Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
4. Anambra State University, Uli
5. Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
6. Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State
7. Bayero University, Kano
8. Bowen University, Iwo
9. Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar
10. Delta State University, Abraka
11. Federal University Of Technology, Akure
12. Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
13. Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
14. Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City
15. Madonna University, Okija
16. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
17. Northwest University, Kano, Kano State
18. Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
19. Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State
20. Osun State University, Osogbo
21. University Of Benin, Benin City
22. University Of Calabar, Calabar
23. University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
24. University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
25. University Of Lagos
26. University Of Port-Harcourt
27. University Of Uyo
28. Lagos State University (LASU)
29. Alex Ekwueme Federal University
30. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (NAU)
31. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH)
32. The University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN/ UNEC)
33. Cross River State University (CRUTECH)
35. Yobe State University Damaturu (YSU)
36. Pamo University of Medical Science (PUMS)
37. Novena University Ogume
38. Yusuf Maitama Sule University
39. Ekiti State University (EKSU)
40. Federal University Lafia (FULAFIA).
Indeed, physiology is a course that all universities—federal, private, or state—can offer, but not all do. This is due to the fact that not all universities can fulfill the minimum standards specified by the National University Council (NUC) for this course.
The universities that can accept students through JAMB or any other approved admission method to study physiology are those that can meet the minimal standards; these universities are those that are listed above.
Applying to a school that is not accredited is a complete waste of time, so if you must, make sure it is one that is mentioned here.
And that is the lot we can take on Universities that offer Physiology in Nigeria. Do well to check us back on more information that saddles around your choice of studies, we are sure to provide you with all the necessary detailed information you might need.