Are you constrained financially and unable to enroll in a master’s program because of this? If yes, do not lose hope, we have got news that will interest you. You can still access a master’s program despite your financial status and this can be possible through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars program at the University of Western Cape.
This program is targeted at young people who due to economic and social barriers have been unable to access education. This program is also focused on young people living with disabilities, this is to enable them to get a master’s degree. If you are interested or you know persons who might be interested in this program, continue reading this article for details.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Western Cape 2023/2024
The University of the Western Cape(UWC) wishes to announce to the general public that the Mastercard Foundation Program at UWC for the 2023/2024 academic year has been launched. This program was first launched in 2012 and has since provided young people who have been displaced or who are living with disabilities with a sound education.
This program seeks to support students from South Africa and Africa at large who are academically exceptional; this program is fully funded and affords recipients to study for a master’s degree.
The University of the Western Cape encourages interested persons to apply. A limited number of recipients from South Africa and the African continent will be selected for master’s degree scholarships. These candidates must be prepared to register for a full-time master’s degree study in 2023.
Disciplines of Study that are Eligible For this Program
Postgraduate Qualification: Master’s Degree – Disciplines/fields of study:-
- Humanities & Arts (Applied Linguistics, History, Gender Justice, Migration Studies, Sociology for Development);
- Community & Health Sciences (Public Health);
- Economic & Management Sciences (Development Studies, Information Sciences, and Migration Studies);
- Law (Governance and Human Rights);
- Natural Sciences (Biological, Computational, Mathematical, and Physical Sciences).
At the time of application, an applicant must satisfy the following criteria:-
- Candidates must not be older than 30 years for the postgraduate master’s degree;
- Candidates must meet the University’s minimum admissions requirements (for program-/discipline-specific information, visit www.uwc.ac.za);
- Candidates must be prepared to begin their first year of registration for full-time master’s study in 2023.
- Candidates who intend to register for a second master’s degree are ineligible to apply for this scholarship
How To Apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Western Cape 2023/2024
- Download an application form.
- Mail the completed form and supporting documentation to [email protected].
- The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UWC will communicate with applicants through email (preferred) and phone contact. Applicants should ensure that the phone numbers and email addresses provided are accurate and active to receive critical information and feedback.
- After the selection process, successful applicants will be invited for a virtual or in-person interview conducted by independent panels.
- Applicants found to have provided false information during any stage of the application and selection process will be disqualified. Any attempt to influence the selection process will lead to automatic disqualification.
There are seven main sections that candidates will be required to complete in the application form:
- Personal Information
- Scholarship Information
- Academic Information
- Family Information
- Short Narratives
- Community Engagement
Application Closing Date
The closing date for all applications is Monday, 24 July 2023. If you are not contacted by Thursday 3rd August, consider your application unsuccessful.
We hope that we have been able to provide you with proper guidance on the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Western Cape 2023/2024, please go through this article properly to gain from the knowledge we have shared.
If you have further questions for us regarding this topic, we are happy to help; send in your questions via the comment section, and we will send a response as quickly as possible. Please, remember to share this post with your friends so they can be privy to this information too.