If you are yet to register for the 2023 NECO Examinations, and you need guidance on how to register for this examination, read this article carefully. This article provides insightful information on the NECO examination registration procedure; this is to help you register without hassles.
This is to inform you that the closure date for the June/July NECO Examination which was slated for 30th May has been graciously extended to 10th June by the NECO Board. If you have not yet registered, you should do so as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment. Continue reading this article for in-depth details on the NECO Examinations registration procedure and other important information pertaining to this examination.
Eligibility Criteria For The NECO Exam
It is important to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements set by NECO before you begin the process of registration. Below are the eligibility criteria for the NECO examination:-
- Candidate must be at least 16 years old at the time of the examination.
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of five years (SS3 or SS2) of secondary education in any private or public secondary school in Nigeria.
- Candidates must have written and passed the National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) or its equivalent.
NECO Registration Requirements 2023
Candidates for the NECO examination 2023 are required to provide the following requirements in order to be deemed eligible to apply:-
- 4 Copies of Passport photograph
- The Candidate’s address
- Maiden/Guardian Names
- An email
- Local Government Area and State of Origin of the candidate
- Personal Information of the Candidate
- List of 8 (minimum) or 9 (maximum) subjects of the candidate
- Compulsory biometric capturing
Cost of NECO 2023 Registration
The cost of the 2023 NECO registration is N11,350 (Eleven Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Naira).
N/B: The National Examination Council (NECO) fee is to be paid once either through the official NECO registration portal or at the candidate’s school.
NECO 2023 Registration Procedure
You can register for the NECO Examination in two ways, they are:-
- Offline registration
- Online registration
Let’s take a detailed look at the two modes of registration.
How to Register 2023 NECO SSCE Offline Via NECO Offline App
The offline registration mode for the 2023 National Examination Council (NECO) is designed for candidates who want to register through a school. Below are the steps for registering offline.
- Visit the school you want to register at.
- Register as a full-time student and partake in the SS2 mock exam
- Pay the NECO registration fee to the school to obtain the registration form
- Fill out the form properly and with your correct personal details
- Submit the form alongside your passports and any other document as may be required
- Do your biometrics and then wait for your exam number.
- You can download the NECO offline App for free by visiting http://www.mynecoexams.com/offlineApp/
How to Register 2023 NECO Online on NECO Registration Portal
For candidates who wish to register for the NECO Examinations by themselves, the online application is the best way. Below are details on how to do that:-
- Visit the NECO registration portal @ https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng
- Check the pop-up form ‘Don’t have an account?’ and click on “Register here”
Fill in the following information in the registration form:
- Your Full name
- Your valid phone number
- Your valid email address
- Choose a password
- Re-enter our password to confirm
- Click on the ‘REGISTER’ button
- Log on to the email you used and click on the link sent by NECO to proceed.
- Select a suitable payment option and make payment for the registration
- Fill out and submit your registration form
- Locate a cyber cafe operator to do an offline biometric verification and validation
- Finally, print your photocard
Registration Procedure for External/Private Candidates
If you are interested in registering for NECO as an external or private candidate, then you should follow these steps:-
- Visit http://www.mynecoexams.com for registration.
- Click on the “Go to SSCE External Site” screen to access the SSCE website.
- Provide the required username and password.
- Click “Login” to enter the registration dashboard.
- Follow the correct registration process.
- If you are not familiar with online registrations, you are advised to register through a school or computer cafe.
- Candidates are required to submit a passport photograph and undergo biometric fingerprint thumbprinting for registration.
- Candidates must verify their fingerprints, as failure to do so will result in not being allowed to sit for the exam.
N/B: If you are registering at a cyber cafe, ensure to register at a reputable cyber cafe to ensure safety.
Have we been able to provide you with the guidance you need on NECO SSCE Registration 2023? If you have further questions, please do well to notify us via the comment box and we will reply accordingly.