Are you searching for the NECO Syllabus for Marketing 2023/2024? If yes, then you are without a doubt on the proper website to use as you study for the National Examination Council (NECO). This website contains the syllabus you need to ace your NECO exam.
In order to prepare for the Senior Secondary School Examination, which will be here before we know it, it is advised to start reading immediately. This curriculum emphasizes the topics that will be comprehensively covered in the marketing NECO SSCE this year.
The marketing syllabus will provide you with all the marketing-related themes, suggested writers, and textbooks you need to read in order to get ready for the exam. You should also be aware that the NECO syllabus will be the basis for all marketing-related questions in your exam.
Things To Note
- The marketing syllabus lists all of the study areas and course curricula that have been endorsed by the National Examination Council (NECO) for use by students in reading and exam preparation.
- The items you will see on this page are part of the actual NECO syllabus, and they must all be the subject of your exam questions.
- You can get ready for WAEC and GCE by using the NECO syllabus. This merely implies that you can read the same books you did for your WAEC exams to get ready for NECO.
Aims And Objectives
The purpose of the exam is to evaluate applicants:
- Knowledge, abilities, and concepts related to marketing as a vocation.
- The capacity to establish and run a market outlet.
- Comprehension of the functions of marketing in the economy.
SCHEME OF THE EXAMINATION
There will be two papers, Papers 1 and 2, both of which will constitute a composite paper to be taken in one sitting.
PAPER 1: will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions which will cover the entire syllabus. Candidates are expected to answer all the questions in 50 minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: will be a 2-hour paper consisting of six essay questions, out of which candidates will be expected to answer any four for 80 marks.
NECO 2023 Marketing Syllabus (Area of Concentration)
S/NO TOPICS NOTES
1 Introduction to Marketing
(b) Explanation of basic terms in marketing: needs,
wants, demands, products, exchanges, transactions, and
(c) Brief history of marketing in Nigeria;
WAEC Syllabus – Uploaded online by naijschools.com
(d) Functions of marketing.
2 Marketing Concepts (a) Meaning;
(b) Various marketing concepts (production, product,
selling, marketing, and societal marketing).
3 Marketing Mix and Marketing Environment
(b) Elements (4 Ps);
(c) i Explain Marketing Environment
(c)ii Factors affecting the marketing environment:
(b) Classification (Industrial goods, consumer goods,
services, primary and secondary products, and mineral
products-oil and non-oil;
(c) Distinctions between classes of products.
(d) Product Design*
5. Markets (a) Meaning;
– Organization (industrial, reseller, and government)
6. Consumer and Organizational
Behavior (b) Influencing factors;
(c) Decision process in a logical order
7. Marketing Planning and Research
(a) i Meaning, process, and importance; ii Elements of
marketing planning; iii Information required for marketing
(b) Reasons for marketing planning and research.
(c) Utilization of feedback
8 Pricing (a) Meaning;
(b) I Strategies (haggling, cost-plus, demand and
competition); ii Application of strategies*
(c) Price determinants.
(c) Media – meaning, types, advantages, and disadvantages.
(d) Production of sample adverts*
10 Sales Promotion (a) Meaning and Functions;
(b) Forms – price-off, coupons, salesmen competition,
loyalty schemes, premium offers, trade-in-allowance,
sampling, training schemes, and merchandising incentives.
11 Merchandising (a) Meaning;
(b) Elements (packaging, branding, and labeling)
(C) Influencing factors;
(b) Channels of distribution (definition and types) (c)
Factors influencing the choice of distribution channels
(d) Functions of channel members.
(a) Meaning, mode, choice, and importance;
(b) Documents used in transportation;
(c) Factors affecting the choice of transportation
(a) Meaning, types, and functions.
(b) Activities in the warehouse
15 Market Unions and Facilitators
(a) Market Unions (Meaning and types)
(b) Roles of Market Unions in local markets;
(c) Market Facilitators – meaning, types, and roles.
16 International Marketing
(a) Meaning, importance/reasons, and methods of
engaging in international marketing,
(b) Influencing factors;
(c) Guiding rules and regulations;
17 ICT in Marketing
(a) E-Marketing (electronic marketing) – meaning,
, importance, uses ethics, and abuses.
18 Entrepreneurship in Marketing
(a) Meaning of entrepreneurship and entrepreneur;
(b) Sources of funds;
(c) Factors affecting the location of a market outlet;
(d) Management of market outlets – purchase and supply of goods and services;
(e) Selling and bargaining skills;
NECO Recommended Textbooks for Marketing
- Fundamentals of Marketing by O.O. Shokan – MAM Education Limited, Lagos.
- Commerce Textbook by G.A. Saka and Nnabuko J.O. – Emiola Publisher Ltd
- Marketing in Nigeria: Concepts, Principles and Decisions, 2nd Edition by B.A. Agbonifoh, O.E Ogwo, D.A. Nnolim, and A.D. Nkamnebe, (2007). – Afritowers Limited Publisher.
The syllabus is precise and well-developed to make it easy for you to pass the exam. Don’t forget to follow it, and then give your account.