Prospective corp members (PCMs) who need information on the requirements for the NYSC camp should read this article. The content of this article includes NYSC Camp registration requirements 2024, registration procedure, personal items for NYSC Camp, and additional information about the NYSC Camp to help you better prepare for the camp experience. Continue reading to explore the contents of this article.
NYSC Orientation Camp: What To Expect
The NYSC orientation camp for Batch B Stream I will open in June, the camp covers the duration of 3 weeks, and the camping experience features activities like parade drills, SAED (Skill Acquisition), cultural displays, carnival, educational lectures, etc.
As you prepare to embark on the NYSC journey, please understand that NYSC camp poses a rather uncomfortable experience; from waking up in the wee hours of the morning to running to the parade ground, attending lectures, etc.
Do not let the paragraph above deter you, the NYSC Camp experience almost always turns out to be the best part of the service year. You get to meet people from diverse cultures, ethnicities, institutions, and experiences.
Make sure you go to NYSC Camp early enough so that you can do your registration on time and have extra time to acclimate yourself to the environment.
Below is a list of compulsory items you need for NYSC Orientation Camp Registration.
NYSC Camp Registration Requirements 2024
The documents listed below are compulsory, take note of them and make sure to carry all of them to the NYSC Camp.
1. Final year ID card
You are required to go to the NYSC camp with your original final card and two (2) photocopies. Visit the Directorate of Students’ Affairs in your school and request a ‘final year ID card’. Most schools issue school ID which is also accepted by NYSC.
Note that NYSC does not accept departmental ID cards.
2. Statement of result (B. SC or HND)
You are required to present your original statement of result alongside four (4) photocopies. It is of utmost importance that you arrive at camp with this document, so ensure to carry it with you. It is useless to go to camp without a statement or certificate.
Foreign students are required to present their original certificates. If you graduated from a polytechnic, you are required to present your ND and HND statement of results.
Prospective corp members(PCMs) in the medical field (Doctors, pharmacists, optometrists, etc) are required to go to the NYSC camp with evidence of completion of internship or housemanship and an original certificate from the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board, or Optometrist Registration Council.
3. NYSC Call-up letter
This is very important, under no circumstance should you forget your call-up letter! You are to go to NYSC Camp with your original Call-up letter and four photocopies. NYSC usually sends this letter some days after registration.
P.S: Do not laminate your call-up letter, camp officials will not accept a laminated call-up letter.
4. NYSC Green card
Please, do not forget your Green Card. Go with the original and four (4) photocopies. Green Card is the online print-out slip after NYSC online registration. Also, Do NOT laminate it!
Note: the Green Card and call-up letter are to be printed out in color.
5. Recent passport photograph
You are required to go to camp with eight (8) copies of your passport photograph. The background color for the passport should be white or off-white.
6. Medical Certificate of Fitness
You are to go to camp with two (2) copies of a medical certificate of fitness got from any government hospital or military clinic in Nigeria.
7. Uploaded Documents
Foreign-trained PCMs are required to go to the camp with the original of all documents they uploaded during online registration.
NYSC Camp Registration Procedure
- At the camp gate, you are to present your medical certificate of fitness and undergo compulsory COVID-19 screening by the NCDC as only those who tested negative will be allowed entry.
- You’ll be given a slip and subjected to manual and electronic security checks for unauthorized objects before being allowed into the camp.
- Once you enter the camp, you will be allocated a hostel, then you’ll go to the store and get a mattress.
- After choosing your bed space, move to the registration unit with the documents stated in your call-up letter.
- When it is your turn to be attended to, present your slip given to you at the camp gate, an original copy of your call-up letter, an original copy of your school certificate or statement of result, and the institution’s identity card for manual verification.
- The next place is the ICT table for digital verification and issuance of state registration numbers (code).
- Go to the next unit for the meal ticket and number tag. The number tag will serve as your temporary identity card until you are issued a plastic corps member’s identity card. It is mandatory to have the tag on at all times.
- Bank staff will be at the hall to open an account for you, through which you’ll be paid your allowances right from the camp. So, locate the bank to which you have been assigned and ensure you fill account opening form before proceeding to the next step.
- Go to your platoon officer for your file and kit items (NYSC uniforms).
- Note that the last digit of your tag code is your platoon number (e.g if you have 9 at the end of your tag number, then you are in platoon 9)
Personal Items to take to NYSC camp
- A pair of white tennis shoes (you can buy one made from cork as it is easier to wash)
- Bed items such as bedspread/sheets, pillowcases, pillows, and a wrapper or blankets.
- Dish sets such as a food flask, spoon, and drinking cup or flask.
- Dishwashing agent
- File Jackets
- Flashlight (Torchlight)/Rechargeable lamps.
- Hand sanitizer
- Money and ATM Cards
- Phone charger/Power bank.
- Plain white sneakers or tennis shoes
- Rubber slippers
- White round-neck T-shirt
- Treated mosquito net.
- Waist Pouch.
- White shorts
- White socks
N/B: Laptops, Clippers, Tvs, and Sharp objects are not allowed into camp; if you have these items on you during the check at the camp gate, these items will be confiscated and will only be returned to you at the end of camp. Also, note that the items listed above can be purchased at the mammy market; you do not need to buy them from home so that your load can be light.