It is no news that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is a compulsory one-year service exercise for graduates of Nigerian higher institutions. There are, however, circumstances that warrant a graduate to be exempted from participation in the scheme. These circumstances include health, age, etc. If you are one of such graduates, this article on “NYSC Exemption Letter: Requirements and How To Get It” is just what you need to provide you with guiding tips in this regard.
Keep reading this article to explore its contents.
NYSC Exemption Letter: Requirements and How To Get It
NYSC Exemption Letter Eligibility
To ascertain your eligibility for the NYSC certificate of exemption, you must have met “Any” the following criteria:-
- Applicants must be full-time students older than the age of 30 years at the time of graduation.
- Applicants must be Part-time students.
- Applicants must have served in the Nigerian Armed Forces for more than 9 months.
- Applicants must have received a national award like the ”Order of the Niger” or other national awards.
How To Apply For NYSC Exemption Letter
Visit the nearest NYSC State Secretariat, and request to apply for an NYSC exemption letter. You will be given an application form to fill out and attach the required documents when submitting.
The required documents include:-
- Completed application form
- Documents showing academic qualifications
- Approved result
- Applicants identity document
- Supporting documents (as instructed)
After submission of the application and the supporting documents, you will be required to pay an amount of money prescribed by the NYSC authorities.
After you must have made this payment, your application will be forwarded to the appropriate quarters for verification and validation. Once the application is verified and approved, you will be notified once the exemption letter is ready to be collected.
You will however be required to collect the certificate from your tertiary institution.
How To Register For NYSC Exemption Letter Online
Graduates of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) are eligible to apply for the NYSC exemption. Follow this simple procedure below to print your NYSC exemption letter.
- Visit the official NYSC registration portal via https://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc4/
- Sign up with a valid email address (if you are registering for the first time, click on ”Registration for Mobilization”).
- An activation link will be sent to your email to confirm the creation of the account.
- Fill out your details in the fields provided
- Click on the submit button
- Capture your Biometric. (this should not be carried out by proxy).
- Upload a clean and clear-off white background passport photograph.
- Preview your registration form to ensure the details are correct.
- Tap “Agree” with the registration terms and conditions.
- Upload your scanned signature or sign using a digital signature scanner
- Click on submit
N/B: Ensure to keep your login details for subsequent use.
- You will be required to make payment for the procedure. Select your preferred method on the portal to continue
- Make the required payment to continue. The required payment is usually less than N3,000
- Now check your NYSC dashboard to see if your exemption letter has been made available for immediate printing. If not, you can check after a few days, then make the printout.