Foreign Graduate Trainee Prospective Corps (PCMs) seeking information on the NYSC Foreign Graduate Trainee Requirements should read this article. This article will provide information on NYSC Foreign Graduate Trainee Requirements.
This article will cover topics like Academic Qualifications for foreign trainees, travel Documents, loss of International Passport, etc. So keep reading to explore its contents.
NYSC Foreign Graduate Trainee Requirements
Foreign Graduate Trainees are required to possess the following documents for their registration and mobilization into the National Youth Service Corps
Note: Downloaded Certificates/Transcripts, Statements of results, and Attestation letters are not acceptable.
- First University Degree or HND Certificate
- Complete the official transcript of the first Degree or HND course
- Marksheet (for Indian Universities only)
- O’level certificate i.e. WASC, GCE, SSCE. NECO, IGCE, GCSE, high school diploma for graduates that schooled in the USA, etc. N/B: Online Result Print outs are not acceptable in place of the original certificate
- Candidates are required to obtain credit in not less than five (5) subjects (including English and Mathematics) in not more than 2 sittings.
- Note that persons who did TOP UP program/Course are required to upload their foundation certificate, for example, APTECH, OND, NIIT, INFORMATICS, etc.
- Medical doctors, optometrists. Pharmacists, Nurses, Medical Laboratory Scientists, Radiographers, physiotherapists, and all other Health related professionals are required to possess a certificate of registration and Practicing license from relevant bodies. Pharmacists are also required to present additional documents such as oaths and letters of introduction from the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
N/B: Online result print-outs will not be accepted in place of the original certificates. Statement of results will also not be accepted.
Nigerian International Passport clearly showing:-
- Entry visa to the country of study.
- Date of the first Departure from Nigeria or first date of entry into the country of study.
- Date of return to Nigeria after the period of study
- Data page(s) of the international passport(s) used during the period of study.
- Graduates who are of dual nationality are required to upload data pages of both International Passports and present the same for verification at the physical verification Centre/Orientation camp( where more than one passport was used during the period of study, the candidate should upload data pages of all the international passports)
- Candidates are required to upload Data Pages of the International Passports where more than one international Passport was used during the period of study,
- Residence permit /visa covering the whole period of study.
Loss Of International Passport
In the event that candidates lose their international passports, they are expected to present the following documents:-
- Police and Immigration reports from the country where the Passport was lost.
- Sworn affidavit from the court of law
- Other evidence of stay in the country of study, and
- A new International Passport (Personal Data page of the newly obtained International Passport must be uploaded)
Loss of Academic Credentials
In the event of loss of credentials, candidates are required to present the following:-
- A detailed Police report
- Sworn affidavit from the Court of law
- Confirmation of result from either the examination body (for loss of O’Level certificates) or the institution of graduation (for loss of degree, HND, Certificates)
- The personal data page of the newly obtained International Passport must be uploaded
Please Note: Certificates/Transcripts that are not written in the English Language must be translated at the Embassy of the country of study or a University in Nigeria where the language is studied, before presentation to the NYSC
- Candidates who hold a Diploma of Higher Education and a Higher Certificate of Education are not qualified for Mobilization. Therefore, they are not to register.
- Attestation Letter, Letter of completion of the course, letters addressed “To Whom It May Concern” or any related document will not be accepted instead of Degree or HND Certificate (except for the Republic of Cameroun).
- Statement of results is also not accepted in place of any certificate.
- Please note that NYSC Management reserves the right to refer to the Federal Ministry of Education for verification, of any institution or document whose status is questionable
- Married women will be deployed to the State where their husbands are residents provided their marriage certificates, husband’s means of identification e.g. driver’s License, International Passport, National ID card, and evidence of change of name are uploaded/presented.
- Physical verification of all credentials uploaded by foreign Graduates will take place at the specified venues, dates, and duration as would be indicated in the candidate’s dashboard. Those assigned call-up numbers without first undergoing pre-camp physical verification would be verified at the orientation camp.
- Foreign Trained Corps Members are not to send their credentials home after preliminary registration in the Camp until the credentials are physically verified by the duly assigned officer(s) from NYSC, National Directorate Headquarters Abuja. Foreign-trained Corps Members should also remain in the camp until their credentials are physically verified
- Oxford Brookes, (ACCA), Professional Certificates, Correspondance Courses, and Certificates through online courses will not be accepted
- Scanned or photocopies of Credentials will not be accepted.
- Foreign graduates who are exempted from service are required to present all academic credentials and International Passports uploaded for physical verification at the Evaluation Division, Corps Mobilization Department, National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja before Exemption Certificate is issued
- Foreign graduates who are excluded from service are also required to present all academic credentials and International Passports uploaded for physical verification at the Evaluation Division, Corps Mobilization Department, National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja before Exclusion Letter is printed online
- Foreign Trained graduates who are members of the Armed Forces, Nigerian Police, Nigerian Security Organization (NSO), Department of State Services, National Intelligence Agency(NIA), and Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) are expected to upload their letters of enlistment, letters from their commands and service identity card while registering online.
We hope that at the end of this article, you have been able to gain more information on NYSC Foreign Graduate Trainee Requirements. If you have further questions, please ask them in the comment box and expect our swift response.