The Pan African University Postgraduate Scholarships Awards for Africans throughout all four host universities are now accepting applications from adequately qualified candidates for the 2024/2025 cycle. If you’re interested, read the eligibility criteria and research the application procedure.
The Pan African University is a project of the African Union’s Heads of State and Government. It is a leading continental university network, and part of its objective is to offer top-notch postgraduate education aimed at achieving a wealthy, united, and peaceful Africa.
About Pan African University
The Pan-African University (PAU) is a post-graduate training and research network of university nodes in five regions, financed by the African Union and the Association of African Universities.
The first African Ministerial Conference on Science and Technology was held in Johannesburg, South Africa, in 2003 with the goal of improving the quality of science and technology education and, as a result, the productivity of African economies.
These concepts were expanded upon in a “concept note” that detailed the PAU’s goals. The establishment of the PAU was approved by the African Union in 2008. To oversee the PAU, a high-level panel was chosen in 2009. The PAU was formally established in 2011, and the university’s charter was approved in 2013.
Information About The Scholarship
The four PAU institutes listed below are accepting applications from young, educated, intelligent, and ambitious people from Africa and the African Diaspora to join their master’s or doctoral degree programs. We especially urge applicants who have the ability, drive, and ambition to serve in transformative leadership capacities as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators, and entrepreneurs.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Pan African University/African Union
Host Institution(s): Pan African University Institutes
Scholarship Worth: Not Stated
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Master and Ph.D.)
Reasons to join PAU:
- High-quality courses offered by top-notch instructors;
- A substantial network of associates in academia and business both within and outside of the continent;
- Exciting scholarship program;
- Awarding joint degrees on behalf of the Pan African University and its host universities;
- A wealth of job opportunities in some of the fastest-growing sectors, along with helpful career advice;
- Learning and research environments that are vibrant, multicultural, and pan-African.
Pan African University Institutes
- Pan African University Institute for Water and Energy Sciences -including climate change (PAUWES), at the University of Tlemcen, Algeria.
- Pan African University Institute for Governance, Humanities and Social Sciences (PAUGHSS), at the University of Yaounde II and the University of Buea, Cameroon.
- Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences- including Health and Agriculture (PAULESI), at the University of Ibadan (UI), Nigeria.
- Pan African University Institute for Basic Sciences, Technology, and Innovation (PAUSTI), at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), Kenya.
Admission Requirements and Eligibility
The following areas of requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the 2024/2025 Pan African University Postgraduate Scholarships Awards;
Admission Requirements for Masters Programmes
Candidates must fulfill the requirements listed below:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with at least a second-class upper division or its equivalent from an accredited university
- Certified copies of all pertinent certificates, and transcripts (from high school and university)
- National passport (personal information page)
- A clear, colorful passport photo (2 cm x 2 cm)
- Detailed CV
- Letters of recommendation from two professors
- A motivational letter outlining your goals for enrolling in the Pan African University
- Male applicants may not be older than 30; female applicants may not be older than 35.
- After pre-selection, candidates might have to take a written/oral test.
Admission Requirements for Doctoral Programmes
The following requirements for candidates must be met:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from PAU or another university with international acclaim
- A certified copy of all necessary certificates, transcripts
- Copy of the personal information page from a passport
- A 3–4 page research idea note that includes the following information: a tentative title, research questions, aims, significance of the research, etc.
- 2 professors have written letters of recommendation.
- Two-by-two-inch, color photo for a passport
- Detailed CV
- A motivational letter outlining why you wish to attend Pan African University to further your education
- Male applicants may not be older than 35, while female applicants may not be older than 40.
How To Apply
The Pan African University Postgraduate Scholarships Awards applications must be submitted online only for the academic year 2024/2025. For instructions on how to submit an application, interested candidates should refer to the official page. To the selected African candidates, the African Union Commission will grant full scholarships.