Is medicine and surgery available at UNIOSUN? What qualifications are needed to enroll in the UNIOSUN’s program in medicine and surgery? This post, which you are currently reading, will be helpful to you if you have posed this question. We shall respond to the queries raised above, which are frequently asked by those wishing to study medicine and surgery at UNIOSUN.
We will also give you information on the prerequisites for Osun State University’s medical and surgical programs. If you want to look into alternative options, the prerequisite section will list additional schools where you can study medicine and surgery as a course in addition to Osun State University and the JAMB subject combinations for those programs. Having stated that, let’s get started.
UNIOSUN Subject Combination For Medicine And Surgery
Below is the JAMB Subject combination For Medicine And Surgery in UNIOSUN
1. Use Of English
UTME Requirements To Study Medicine And Surgery At UNIOSUN
The criteria for applicants who seek to get admitted to Osun State University through JAMB in order to study medicine and surgery are listed below.
1. Before enrolling in UNIOSUN’s program for studying medicine and surgery, you must first have obtained at least 5 credits in your O’level results (WAEC/NABTEB or NECO), including English and Mathematics in no more than two (2) sittings.
2. By the last day of October of the admissions year, you must have reached the age of sixteen (16).
3. Meet the UNIOSUN Medicine and Surgery Cut off Mark.
4. Select the appropriate JAMB subject combination.
5. Obtain a high JAMB, WAEC, and post-UTME score.
UNIOSUN Direct Entry Requirements For Medicine And Surgery
The prerequisites for applicants who desire to be admitted to Osun State University through Direct Entry in order to study medicine and surgery are listed below.
1. A minimum of five (5) Ordinary Level Credits from the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) in no more than two (2) sittings.
2. Degree in a comparable discipline with a first- or second-class upper standing.
3. Candidates for direct entry must acquire the UNIOSUN Direct Entry form from the UNIOSUN and Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) portals.
4. A National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or any Advanced Level Certificate with a least Merit Pass.
5. Other qualifications that are equivalent to (1) and (4) above and are acceptable to the university’s senate. Candidates must meet these Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimal admission standards.
Cut Off Mark For Medicine And Surgery In UNIOSUN
You must have received a good JAMB score and have met the entrance requirements for the program in question before you will be given admission to study medicine and surgery at UNIOSUN this academic year.
You should aim for a minimum JAMB score of 280 or more to be on the safe side and increase your chances of being admitted to Osun State University to study medicine and surgery.
UNIOSUN School Fees for Medicine
The cost of attending UNIOSUN’s medical school varies according to the program’s level. The cost of attending school is between N704,000 to N321,000.
The cost breakdown for students studying medicine and surgery at UNIOSUN is shown below.
List of Universities Offering Medicine and Surgery
- AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA, EDO STATE – AAU
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- BABCOCK UNIVERSITY, ILISHAN-REMO, OGUN STATE – BABCOCK
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI, BAUCHI STATE – BAUCHI
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BINGHAM UNIVERSITY, KARU, NASARAWA STATE – BINGHAM
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – BSU
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU UNIVERSITY, ULI, ANAMBRA STATE – COOU
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE – DELSU
- BONYI STATE UNIVERSITY, ABAKALIKI, EBONYI STATE – EBSU
- EKO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES, IJANIKIN, LAGOS STATE – EKO-UNI
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE – EUI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE – FED-DUTSE
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE – GREGORY
- GOMBE STATE UNIVERSITY, TUDUN WADA, GOMBE, GOMBE STATE – GSU
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – IGBINEDION
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA – KASU
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY, OJO, LAGOS STATE – LASU
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO, OYO STATE – LAUTECH
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE, RIVERS STATE – MADONNA
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, Abuja – NILE
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY, AGO-IWOYE, OGUN STATE – OOU
- UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, ONDO, LAJE ROAD, ONDO, ONDO STATE – OSUMS
- PAMO UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PAMO
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO – UDU
- OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – UNIOSUN
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE – UYO
- YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU, YOBE STATE – YSU
All applicants must fulfill all prerequisites if they want to get admitted. Try as much to prepare well in order to do well on any exam.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a remark in the space below. Please spread the word about this article if you find it to be helpful.