Are you a prospective student at the University of Ibadan? Do you intend to pursue a career in medicine or surgery at UI? Do you want to know the prerequisites for studying medicine and surgery at UI? Are you one of the people who have a question concerning the prerequisites for the University of Ibadan’s medicine and surgery programs? If yes, then this is the right site for you.
Candidates who intend to study medicine and surgery at UI will want to know the following information: The requirements to study medicine and surgery at UI and the University of Ibadan cutoff mark for medicine and surgery.
They will also ask questions like: Does UI accept two ssittings for medicine and surgery program? What must I complete in order to enroll in Medicine and Surgery at UI? Does UI offer a course in medicine and surgery? How much are the medicine and surgery tuition fee in University of Ibadan?
The University of Ibadan (UI) is a public research university in Ibadan, Nigeria. The institution was established in 1948 as University College Ibadan, one of the numerous colleges that made up the University of London. It is the oldest institution in Nigeria that grants degrees and became an independent university in 1962.
The University of Ibadan has helped Nigeria’s political, industrial, economic, and cultural development through its network of graduates. The University of Ibadan is one of the most prestigious universities in Africa because of its heritage and significance.
Medicine and Surgery is the field of study where scientific principles are employed in order to treat diseases, prevent diseases and improve the standard or quality of life. Someone who studied Medicine and Surgery is called a Doctor. Let’s get right to the point here without further ado!
Does the University of Ibadan Offer Medicine And Surgery?
Yes! The University of Ibadan (UI) offers Medicine And Surgery.
Medicine and surgery is not a course that every institution offers. Some other schools offer it though they have not yet received full NUC accreditation. Knowing that UI offers a program in medicine and surgery, you should next learn about the admissions standards for this program.
Requirements to Study Medicine And Surgery in UI (UTME)
Below are the qualifications for applicants who desire to get admitted into the University of Ibadan through JAMB in order to study medicine and surgery.
- You must be sixteen (16) by the last day of October in the year of admission.
- You must meet the University of Ibadan Medicine And Surgery Cut off Mark.
- Before you can study medicine and surgery at UI, you must have at least 5 credit passes overall (including English and Math) in your O level results (WAEC and NECO).
- You must possess strong JAMB, WAEC, and post-UTME scores.
- You must decide on the ideal JAMB subject combination.
Requirements To Study Medicine And Surgery in UI (Direct Entry)
Below are the criteria for applicants who want to be admitted to the University of Ibadan through Direct Entry to study medicine and surgery.
- Candidates for direct entry must acquire the UI Direct Entry form from the UI Portal or the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Applicants need to have earned “A” levels or IJMB passes in two disciplines relevant to their field of study.
- The Senior Secondary Certificate Exams (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits must be completed with a minimum of 5 credits in a maximum of 2 sittings.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- Other qualifications acceptable to the Senate of the University, and being equivalent to (1) and (6) above. Candidates must fulfill such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements in addition to the aforementioned minimum admission requirements.
- An Advanced Level Certificate with at least Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or any applicable Advanced Level Certificate.
Cut-off Mark for Medicine and Surgery at the University of Ibadan
You must have received a good score on the JAMB exam and have achieved the cut-off mark to be admitted to the relevant degree before you will be given the opportunity to enroll in Medicine and Surgery at UI .
If you want to increase your chances of getting accepted to the University of Ibadan to study medicine and surgery, you should aim for a JAMB score of at least 280.
UI Subject Combination For Medicine And Surgery
The list of JAMB subjects combination for medicine and surgery in UI is listed below.
- Use of English
How Much Is UI School Fees For Medicine And Surgery?
Like most federal universities in Nigeria, the University of Ibadan School of Medicine and Surgery has rather low and inexpensive tuition. The amount is not greater than 100,000 naira.
Is UI Good For Medicine And Surgery?
YES! One of Nigeria’s top universities at the present is the University of Ibadan. The University of Ibadan flourishes in an environment that promotes competition, unrestricted scientific research, critical thinking, innovation, and creativity, which encourages many people to consistently seek for admission to study medicine and surgery there and therefore increases competition.
The University of Ibadan is without a doubt among the greatest universities in Nigeria for studying medicine and surgery.