Are you an aspiring student who is interested in the admission requirements for Rivers State University? Get in here! This article promises to provide you with in-depth details on not only the admission requirements for UTME students but also the admission requirements for direct-entry students. Continue reading this article to get more information on this subject matter.
Rivers State University Admission Requirements for UTME and Direct Entry Candidates
You are aware by now that Rivers State University admissions forms for both UTME and direct entry students are out and on sale. These forms can be accessed via the school portal. Before you apply for this admission, finding out the admission requirements for your preferred program is the right thing to do. Read below to see the admission requirements.
Eligibility Requirements for RSU Post-UTME Screening
- UTME Candidates who chose RSU as their first/second choice institution or seeking a change of institution to RSU through JAMB, having scored a minimum of 170 in the 2024 UTME.
- Direct Entry candidates with A’level (/OND/HND/NCE/JUPEB) qualifications, who chose RSU as their first/second choice institution or seeking a change of institution to RSU through JAMB and have obtained 2024 Direct Entry JAMB form.
N/B: Only candidates who chose Rivers State University through JAMB and whose details appear on the University profile on the JAMB CAPS will be considered for admission. If you did not choose Rivers State University but would love to study there, purchase a change of institution form and change to Rivers State University.
Rivers State University Admission Requirements For UTME Candidates
- Candidates are required to obtain a minimum of 5 Credit passes which must include English Language and Mathematics plus any other 3 subjects that relate to your course of choice.
- To find out the subject that relates to your course of choice, all you need to do is to search for the correct subject combination for the course.
Rivers State University Admission Requirements For Direct Entry Candidates (Diploma, ND, and HND)
- Direct Entry candidate’s requirements are not so different from UTME, all that is needed is that candidate must obtain a minimum of 5 credit passes which must include English Language and Mathematics plus any other 3 subjects that are relative to their course of choice.
- DE candidates who are interested in gaining admission into RSUST are required to have a minimum of Upper Credit in their ND or HND.
- DE candidates are also often required to participate in the post-UTME especially when they are transferring from another institution like the polytechnics or colleges of education.
How to Apply for RSU Post UTME Form
- Candidates are to visit the admission portal via www.rsu.edu.ng and make an e-payment of Two Thousand naira (N2,000.00) only using Interswitch Verve-enabled cards. Candidates are encouraged to use the online chat support for further information. Below are the steps to follow:
- Visit https://rsu.edu.ng and click on Applications
- Click on the Programme REGULAR under Application Name “2024/2025 POST UTME SCREENING EXERCISE FOR ADMISSION“
- Click on BUY PIN Enter your Name, email, and Phone numbers, then Click on Pay with Pay Panel. Note that it is candidates’ personal phone numbers and email addresses that are required.
- Click on Continue, select Payment Method (Payment Using Debit Card and
- Bank Branch Options are available), and click on Continue to Payment.
- Enter Debit Card details and Complete Payment.
- A PIN will be displayed and also sent to your email.
- Enter the PIN in the PIN section of the Application and Click on Start Application.
- Follow the Application Process to the end and Print out your Screening Exercise Slip.
- Applicants are expected to have all information required for this Application such as JAMB Registration Number, O’level Results, and Personal Data.
- Candidates should ensure that their correct details are captured during the application for the Post-UTME Screening test
- Candidates are to note that the mode of the screening exercise is ELECTRONIC. It is essential that candidates practice how to use the computer especially the use of mouse and keyboard.
- Candidates are expected to note that the screening test shall be done at the Information Communication and Technology Centre (ICTC) of the University, therefore they should stick to the time and date on the screening test slip as no candidates will be allowed after the scheduled date of examinations.
RSU Post-UTME Screening Requirements
The screening exercise will be conducted for all UTME/Direct Entry candidates at the Information Communication and Technology Centre (ICTC) of the University. Candidates are directed to take note of the Screening Exercise date as scheduled in the screening exercise slip they printed out after their Online registration.
Candidates who fail to take the screening test on the scheduled date and time will not be given special.
Dear reader, we hope that we have been able to answer your curiosities about Rivers State University Admission Requirements for UTME and Direct Entry Candidates. If you have further questions regarding this topic, please reach out to us via the comment box and we will provide a response swiftly.