Are you an aspirant of the prestigious University of Calabar (UNICAL)? Are you interested in knowing the UTME and Direct Entry admission requirements to study law at the University Of Calabar? If your answer to the above questions is positive, then you are on the right site. Understanding UNICAL admission requirements for Law before applying will help you make an informed decision.
In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information about the UNICAL Law Department as well as the admission requirements for UTME and Direct Entry (DE) candidates.
UTME Requirements to Study Law At UNICAL
The following criteria must be met for admission to study law at UNICAL:
1. Your O’Level results (WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB), including English Language and Mathematics, must show that you have earned five (5) credits in a maximum of two (2) sittings.
2. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), which administers the unified tertiary matriculation examination (UTME), requires a minimum score of 150.
3. To be admitted to the law program, you must also pass the UNICAL Post-UTME screening test.
4. You cannot be younger than 16 years old.
5. You must engage in the screening process at the University Of Calabar (UNICAL), which you must choose as your top choice institution.
6. Before submitting your application, it is important to choose the proper JAMB subject combination for Law.
Direct Entry Requirements to Study Law in UNICAL
The following are the University of Calabar’s admission requirements for law students applying through Direct Entry:
1. You must get a Law Direct Entry form from both JAMB and UNICAL to apply for law at UNICAL through Direct Entry.
2. Your O’Level results (WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB), including English Language and Mathematics, must show that you have earned five (5) credits in a maximum of two (2) sittings.
3. You cannot be younger than 16 years old.
4. You must engage in the screening process at the University Of Calabar (UNICAL), which you must choose as your top choice institution.
5. Before submitting your application, it is important to choose the proper JAMB subject combination for Law.
6. Law candidates with a First Class Degree, Second Class Upper, or Upper Credit are eligible for admission to UNICAL so long as their credentials are pertinent to the course of study.
8. Although UNICAL accepts JUPEB/IJMB results for Law, admission is not assured.
Cut Off Mark For Law in UNICAL
The University of Calabar Law’s authorized cutoff score for admission this year is listed below:
1. You must achieve a high JAMB score and the course’s designated cut-off mark to be admitted to UNICAL this year to study law.
2. The cutoff score for law in UNICAL is 200.
3. To achieve a more secure outcome, it is advised to try for a score of at least 250 or higher in the UTME and, if applicable, a high score in the post-UTME.
Subject Combination For Law At UNICAL
The following disciplines are necessary for admission to the University Of Calabar Law:
1. English Language
2. Literature In English
3. Christian Religious Knowledge
4. Government or Economics Accepted!
To enroll in UNICAL’s Law program this year, you must fulfill these requirements. We hope that you found our article on the prerequisites for studying law at UNICAL this year for direct entry and UTME to be useful.