Do you have the intention of studying Law at the University of Lagos? Do you know the requisite requirements you must possess in order to increase your admission eligibility status? Well, the latter part of this page will literally answer the second question.
Gaining admission to study Law at UNILAG is very competitive. Yearly prospective students of UNILAG who aspire to study Law are been declined admission because of the influx number of candidates aspiring for the course
We know at this point you might be wondering and also wish on becoming UNILAG’s most qualified candidates to increase your chances of being offered admission, you don’t need to worry this page will help you in making your dream come to reality.
In regards to helping you satisfy your desire of gaining admission into UNILAG, we urge you to read this page carefully and take cognizance of all the vital information provided for you on this page. Also, endeavor to share this page with your friends and loved ones for the vivid continuity of this information.
UTME Requirements to Study Law in UNILAG
- For a start, you need to have at least 5 credit passes in your O’level result (WAEC and NECO) including English and Mathematics.
- You must select University Of Lagos (UNILAG) as your first choice institution and participate in their screening exercise
- You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16).
- Meet UNILAG Law Cut-off Mark.
- Choose the Correct JAMB Subject Combination.
- Have a good JAMB, WAEC, Post UTME Score.
Direct Entry Requirements to Study Law in UNILAG
- To apply for Law through Direct Entry in UNILAG, you will need to obtain a Law Direct Entry form through both JAMB and UNILAG.
- You must have five (5) credits in your O’Level results, (WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB) including English Language and Mathematics, and not more than one (1) sitting.
- You must not be less than 16 years of age.
- You must select University Of Lagos (UNILAG) as your first choice institution and participate in their screening exercise.
- It is necessary to select the appropriate JAMB subject combination for Law before submitting your application.
- At UNILAG, admission is open to Law candidates who hold a First Class Degree, Second Class Upper, or Upper Credit, provided that their qualifications are relevant to the field of study.
- UNILAG also accept JUPEB/IJMB result for Law but does not guarantee admission.
JAMB Subject Combination for Law
The subjects below are the correct JAMB subject combination for studying Law at UNILAG
- English Language
- Literature In English
- Christian Religious Knowledge
- Government or Economics
- The duration of the Law program at the University Of Lagos (UNILAG) is typically five years.
- UNILAG accepts awaiting results from applicants.
- UNILAG does not accept two sittings for Law.
- UNILAG Law admission is based on merit, and candidates are offered admission based on their UTME and Post-UTME scores, as well as their O’Level results.
Conclusion: We hope this page was helpful. If you have any questions about UNILAG please kindly drop them in the comment section below and our team of research experts will reach out to you with adequate answers.