Candidates who are interested in a program at UNIPORT’s Emerald Energy Institute can now send in their applications for the 2023/2024 academic session. This article will provide you with insight into the postgraduate admission form and also the procedure for applying for the form, read carefully.
UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Form 2023/2024
The management of the University of Portharcourt wishes to announce to the general public that the Emerald Energy Institute admission form is out. Eligible and interested candidates are encouraged to purchase this form and apply for admission to benefit from the wide range of programs offered at the graduate level. Below are the eligibility requirements for this program, go through them carefully, ensure that you meet them, and then apply for admission.
Eligibility Requirements for UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Form 2023/2024
Eligibility Requirements for Post Graduate Programme (PGD)
- Candidates for this program are required to have a good Bachelor’s degree in either Sciences (Physical/Chemical), Management, Social Sciences, Geosciences, or Engineering.
- Applicants with a minimum of Upper Credit HND may also apply.
- Candidates must also satisfy the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
Admission Requirements for Masters of Energy Economics/Energy Business Management/Petroleum Business Management/ Petroleum Economics
- Candidates are required to possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in the relevant field in Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Law, Sciences, Geosciences, or Engineering.
- Candidates with Second Class Honours (Lower Division) with at least 3 years’ experience in the energy and petroleum industry may also be considered for admission.
- Candidates are required to also satisfy the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
Admission Requirements for Master of Science (MSc.) Programmes
- Candidates are required to possess a Bachelor of Science Degree with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Engineering, or Physical Sciences.
- However, candidates who hold a Second Class (Lower Division) Degree with a minimum CGPA of at least 3.00 with at least three (3) years’ experience in the petroleum and energy industries may be considered.
- Candidates who are sponsored company staff will also be considered.
- Law degree holders with ample years of experience in the oil, gas, and power industry may be considered.
Requirements for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programs
Admission into the Ph.D programs is very competitive. Candidates are required to meet the following requirements to be considered.
- Candidates must have a B.Sc. Second Class Upper or Lower Division degree with a CGPA of 3.0 and above in Social and Management Sciences, Engineering, or Geosciences with at least three years’ experience in the oil and gas industry can apply.
- Candidates must have an M.Sc. degree in the relevant field, with a minimum CGPA of 4.00 are eligible for admission.
- Candidates must also satisfy the minimum graduate school matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
- The PGD program covers a period of 12 months. Industry/company workers can attend modular/sandwich programs and accumulate credits for 24 months (Part-time)
- The Professional Masters Programmes (Masters of Energy Economics/Energy Business Management/Petroleum Business Management/Petroleum Economics) at EEI covers a minimum of 18 months and a maximum of 24 months.
- The Ph.D. program is run in a hybrid and flexible format. The program could cover a period of
How To Apply For UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Form 2023/2024
- Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application Fee of
N30,000 (Thirty Thousand Naira) to Emerald Energy Institute, UNIPORT.
- The postgraduate application form can be obtained from Emerald Energy Institute.
- Candidates can also download the form from www.eeiuniport.edu.ng
- The application forms should be submitted online.
- Hard copies should be sent to the Emerald Energy Institute office by courier service.
- All completed application forms must be returned to the Director, Emerald Energy Institute for Petroleum, Energy Economics, Policy and Strategic Studies, University of Port Harcourt, eight (8) weeks from the date of publication.
Courses Available at UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Form 2023/2024
- Ph.D Petroleum Economics
- Ph.D Energy Economics
- M.Sc. Petroleum Economics and Policy Programme
- M.Sc. Energy Economics and Policy Programme
- Master of Petroleum Business Management
- Master of Energy Business Management
- Professional Master of Petroleum Economics (without dissertation)
- Professional Master of Energy Economics (without dissertation)
- Professional M.Sc. Petroleum Regulation and Policy (without dissertation)
- Professional M.Sc. Climate Change, Green Economy and Policy (without dissertation)
- Professional M.Sc. Energy Regulation and Policy (without dissertation)
- Professional M.Sc. Energy Transitions Management and Policy (without dissertation)
- PGD Petroleum and Energy Economics
Dear Reader, we hope that at the end of this long read, we have been able to provide you with proper guidance on the UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Form 2023/2024, please go through this article properly to gain from the knowledge we have shared on this topic.
If you have further questions regarding this topic, we are happy to help; send in your questions via the comment section, and we will send a response as quickly as possible. Remember to share this article with friends.