The Nuclear Security Science (NSS) Postgraduate Certificate Programme is presently accepting applications from qualified applicants for admission for the academic year 2023/2024. The program is run by the Centre for Nuclear Energy Studies (CNES) at the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), and it gives students the ability to learn in-depth information about the increasingly important topic of nuclear security research.
Objectives of the Programme
The NSS Postgraduate Certificate Program’s main goal is to give students a solid theoretical and practical basis in nuclear security science. The program intends to give its students the knowledge and skills they need to meet the current and emerging nuclear security issues in Nigeria and the neighboring areas by drawing on globally recommended curricula. A Postgraduate Certificate in Nuclear Security Science will be awarded upon successful program completion.
To qualify for this program:
1. Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sciences, or medical sciences with at least a Third Class Honors (or its equivalent Higher National Diploma (HND)) from an accredited university or polytechnic.
2. Notably, job experience in a similar subject may be taken into account instead of a degree. Additionally, this opportunity is accessible to qualifying international students, and all courses are offered in English.
3. Candidates should take advantage of Texas A&M University’s (TAMU) free pre-admission online modules in fundamental nuclear and atomic physics, the nuclear fuel cycle, and fundamental radiation detection. This link will take you to the nuclear security courses at https://nsspi.tamu.edu/nssep/.
4. Candidates will have an advantage over the competition if they receive good marks in each of these modules.
Duration and Schedule of the Programme
A modular structure is used throughout the 16-week NSS Postgraduate Certificate Program. There are 10 taught courses in the curriculum, as well as industry trips and the production of a unique term paper. A 2-hour exam follows each course’s 32 hours of lectures.
How to Apply
The measures listed below should be taken by interested candidates:
1. Pay a N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only) non-refundable application fee into CNES ECOBANK A/C No. 0522003580.
2. To request the Application Form, send an email to [email protected] and include payment documentation.
If you have any additional questions, call CNES at 08035462713 or 08180062100.
The application deadline has been set for October 31, 2023. Application forms must be completed and sent by this deadline.
In conclusion, CNES’s Nuclear Security Science Postgraduate Certificate Program at UNIPORT offers candidates a singular chance to acquire specialized expertise in an area that is becoming more and more important on a global scale. The essential actions should be taken by everyone interested in taking advantage of this educational opportunity.
We truly appreciate you for taking the time to read this post. We hope you enjoyed it, and if you did, we ask that you use the share buttons below to let your friends know about it.