The official UNIPORT postgraduate portal provides access to the UNIPORT postgraduate admission form for the 2023/2024 academic session. See below for instructions on how to access the official University of Port Harcourt postgraduate form 2023/2024.
For admission to its various UNIPORT postgraduate programs (Postgraduate Diploma, Masters’s degree, and Ph.D.) for the 2023/2024 academic session on a part-time and full-time basis, the University of Port Harcourt School of Postgraduate Studies invites suitably qualified applicants to submit an application.
We’ll cover everything you need to know about the application process, the cost of the UNIPORT PG form 2023, the deadline for postgraduate admission to the University of Port Harcourt, and how to submit a successful hassle-free application for the University of Port Harcourt postgraduate admission 2023.
The N15,000 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only) postgraduate admission form from UNIPORT is non-refundable. Now that you are aware of the cost of the application, let’s look at the entry requirements and how to submit a successful application for the UNIPORT postgraduate form 2023.
Duration For UNIPORT Postgraduate Programmes
1. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (PGDE): The program will run full-time for a minimum of 12 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months, with the sandwich program having two consecutive long vacations of eight (8) weeks each.
2. MBA PROGRAMME: Minimum of 24 and maximum of 36 calendar months for full-time employment.
3. MD AND MS PROGRAMMES: There will be at least 24 calendar months of the Programs.
4. Ph.D. PROGRAMMES: Candidates for full-time positions must commit a minimum of 24 months and a maximum of 60 months, while those applying for part-time positions must commit a minimum of 36 months and a maximum of 84 months.
5. DBA PROGRAMME: A minimum of three (3) years and a maximum of five (5) years must pass for full-time candidates after the date of their initial registration, while a minimum of five (5) years and a maximum of seven (7) years must pass for part-time candidates.
General Admission Requirements
- All candidates must possess a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics in addition to other O/Level requirements as specified by each Department/ Faculty.
- The minimum requirement for the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes is a bachelor’s Degree in the related disciplines.
- Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the related Discipline. For HND holders a minimum of Upper Credit is acceptable in the relevant Departments.
- MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES: Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree of the University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University, in the relevant course with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent.
- Candidates for the Master’s in Education are required to hold a first degree in a different subject area as well as a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDF) with at least an Upper Credit classification. Strong backgrounds in mathematics are required of applicants to the MBA program.
- To register for a Master’s degree in the pertinent field, PGD candidates must have a 3.50 cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
- Ph.D. PROGRAMS: Generally speaking, candidates for Ph.D. programs should hold a Master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or 4.00, depending on the department, or its equivalent grade in the relevant discipline at the Master’s level. Interview performance will determine admission. Coursework and a qualifying examination are required for the Ph.D.
- MD/MS PROGRAMME: Candidates must either be confirmed and experienced academic staff of the University with a Medical Degree from a recognized University, or they must be graduates of Medicine (MBBS) from the University of Port Harcourt for at least five (5) years.
Candidates must also possess, in addition to the aforementioned requirements, a recognized professional qualification at the fellowship level or, at the very least, an M.Sc. degree from an accredited university following their MBBS degree.
How To Apply For UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission Form 2023/2024
- Payment for the application form must be made in full online at any of the following banks: U&C Microfinance Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank, First Bank, and Sterling Bank. The application form costs (N15,000.00).
- The cost of the prospectus is six thousand nairas (N7.000.00), which must be paid by each candidate.
- When you have made your payment, you can download the application forms at www.sgs.uniportdatacenter.net/portal/application.
NOTE: Payment of the application fee does not guarantee admission, and it is not refundable.
Please enclose two copies of the following documents:
- Degree/Postgraduate Diploma Certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Marriage Certificate/Newspaper Publication of Change of Name where applicable
- Local Government Identification Letter and
- Receipts of payment for the Form.
Note: Through the contact information you provided during registration, you will be informed of the exam date and time for the University of Port Harcourt PG screening test.
Once the admission form is released, the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Postgraduate admission closing date for 2023/2024 will be made public. Once the form is available, this page will be updated with the beginning and ending dates.
Please feel free to use the comment section below if you have any questions about the UNIPORT SPGS form 2023. We will do our best to answer them.