The admission application for the University of Uyo JUPEB/IJMB program is now available. The cost of the admission form is N15,500. The registration period will end on August 18, 2023.
We are pleased to notify the public that the JUPEB (basic studies) admission form is now being sold by the administration of the University of Uyo (UNIYO). The University of Uyo is now seeking applications from suitable people for admission to its non-residential, one-year Basic Studies program for the academic year 2023/2024 in an effort to fill this opening.
UNIUYO JUPEB/IJMB Admission Form
The Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) and IJMBE examinations are two tests that students will be prepared for by the Basic Studies curriculum. Students are admitted through Direct Entry JAMB to the University of Uyo’s various degree programs at the 200 level after satisfactorily completing the curriculum. This blog post provides prospective applicants with all the information they need, including admission requirements, application processes, and important dates.
UNIUYO Basic Studies Programme Details
The University of Uyo offers two Basic Studies programs:
- JUPEB: September to August
- IJMB: June to May
Students who have successfully completed the program may enroll in 200-level degree programs provided by a number of institutions, including agriculture and the arts, after receiving their JUPEB and IJMBE credentials.
UNIUYO JUPEB/IJMB – Available Programmes
A. Faculty of Agriculture
- Agric. Economics and Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry and Natural Environmental Management
- Home Economics
- Soil Science and Land Resources Management
B. Faculty of Arts
- Communication Arts
- Foreign Languages (French)
- History and International Studies
- Linguistics and Nigerian Languages
- Religious and Cultural Studies
- Theatre Arts
C. Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences
- Radiography and Radiation Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Science
D. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Human Anatomy
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Medical Biochemistry
E. Faculty of Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management
F. Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Dental Surgery
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing Science
G. Faculty of Education
- Curriculum Studies, Edu. Mgt. and Planning
- English Education
- Efik-Ibibio Education
- French Education
- History Education
- Music Education
- Religion Education
- Early Childhood and Special Education
- Pre-Primary & Primary Education
- Special Education
- Educational Foundations, Guidance, and Counselling
- Economics Education
- Geography Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Political Science Education
- Social Studies Education
- Physical and Health Education
- Health Education
- Physical Education
- Science Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
H. Faculty of Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
I. Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Estate Management
- Geoinformatics and Surveying
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
J. Faculty of Law
K. Faculty of Pharmacy
L. Faculty of Science
- Animal Science and Environmental Biology
- Botany and Ecological Studies
- Computer Science
M. Faculty of Social Sciences
- Geography and Natural Resources Management
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Sociology and Anthropology
N. Faculty of Vocational Education, Library & Information Science
- Agricultural Science Education
- Business Education
- Computer and Robotics
- Home Economics Education
- Industrial Technology Education
- Library and Information Science
UNIUYO JUPEB/IJMB Admission Requirements
- Candidates must have earned at least five (5) credits, including English Language, Mathematics, and three (3) additional disciplines pertinent to their intended field of study. These have to be obtained in no more than two (2) sittings in the SSCE/WASCE, GCE O/L, NECO, or NABTEB.
- A computer-based test (CBT) known as the University Screening Test is often required for admission to the program. As long as they satisfy the entrance requirements for their preferred program, successful candidates at the program’s conclusion would be admitted to the 200 level of various degree programs at the University of Uyo or other Nigerian universities through JAMB.
JAMB scores are not necessary for enrolment in this program, therefore please be aware of that. Candidates for the UTME in 2024 are welcome to apply; no separate application will be required for the program.
How to apply for UNIUYO JUPEB Admission Form 2023/2024
An application fee of NGN 15,500 must be paid by eligible candidates through the Remita Payment Platform. The online registration and payment process is completed by following these steps:
- Go to www.uniuyo.edu.ng or https://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng and select the e-portals link.
- Create an account by clicking the Basic Studies link.
- Enter your information and select “Create Account” to proceed.
- Click Make Payment.
- Decide whether to use a card or a bank.
- To create an electronic invoice using a credit card or a bank account, click the appropriate link.
- For payments at any bank branch (if utilizing the Bank Option), print the e-invoice to receive the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number.
- Choose your preferred payment method and click “Pay” for the Card Option. Click the “Pay” button after entering your card information on the payment platform that has been shown.
- To complete your registration, go back to the site after making your payment at the bank or with a credit card, click the Login Form link, and then enter your RRR Number.
Note: The passport photo given during online registration will be required for both the Screening Exercise and the subsequent registration after receiving a provisional admission offer. There will be no consideration given to accusations of incomplete or inaccurate biographical information after submission. If applicants upload false information, they will be immediately disqualified. All fees are paid in the same way after admission.
UNIUYO JUPEB Admission Dates
- Registration closing date: 18th August 2023
- Online screening exercise date: 25th August 2023.
The University of Uyo’s Basic Studies program offers students a special chance to be admitted into degree programs at the 200 level in a variety of faculties. Candidates should make sure they meet the prerequisites for admission and finish the application process by the deadlines. Wishing success to all aspiring students!