Are you an O’level graduate still seeking admission into the university? Have you attempted to use the UTME but all to no avail? There are several ways to get into the university without going through JAMB directly, and one of them is through the JUPEB and BASICS programs. This is why we are putting this information at your fingertips.
The University of Uyo (UNIUYO) Pre-degree/Basic studies program admission application form for the 2023/2024 academic year is currently available and for sale. We want to use this medium to inform recent high school graduates and other people who have taken the UTME multiple times but have not yet been admitted about the UNIUYO JUPEB and BASICS pre-degree programs.
This is actually one of the best approaches for smoothly obtaining admission to UNIUYO. The majority of Nigeria’s Federal universities are in charge of organizing the program. Are you aware that institutions that administer this program frequently award JUPEB and BASICs students more quotas than UTME students? No, you don’t, but it’s a fact that not many students are aware of.
Basic Study is a pre-degree program created to help students get ready for the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) examinations. Students who pass the JUPEB examination will then be admitted through Direct Entry JAMB to the 200 level of the degree program offered by the University of Uyo. Read on to get more information.
UNIUYO Pre-degree Admission Form Portal
This is to let the general public know that the previously closed sale of admission forms for the University of Uyo’s (UNIUYO) Pre-degree Program has now been reopened for the current academic session. A month after the government resumed classes, UNIYO has chosen to move the admissions deadline.
The following faculties of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) are accepting applications from applicants who meet the necessary qualifications for admission to a one-year pre-degree program.
How to Apply for UNIUYO Pre-Degree Admission Form
- The Remita Payment Platform is the sole accepted method of payment for eligible candidates to make a non-refundable deposit in the amount of N10,000.00 (ten thousand five hundred nairas).
- Information on how to register and pay online
- Visit https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals/or uniuyo.edu.ng (Click the link to e-portals)
- Choose Pre-Degree Link and select Create Account Link.
- Click the Create Account button after providing your information.
- Make Payment by clicking.
- Choose from the Bank and Card options.
- Choose either Generate e-Invoice (Bank Option) or Online Payment (Card Option) to proceed.
- For a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number to be generated so you can pay at any bank branch, select Print e-Invoice.
- Select the payment option for the card choice, then click Pay. Enter your card information on the indicated payment platform, then click “Pay.”
- In order to complete your registration, go back to the site after making your payment at the bank or using a credit or debit card. Click the Login Form Link and input the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number that was produced.
UNIUYO Available Pre-Degree Programmes
The University of Uyo offers Pre-Degree programs in the following faculties:
A. Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics & Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry and Natural Environmental Management
- Home Economics
- Soil Science & Land Resources Management
B. Faculty of Education
- Science Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Early Childhood and Special Education
- Pre-Primary/Primary Education (science components only)
- Physical and Health Education
- Health Education
- Physical Education
C. Faculty of Science
- Animal Science and Environmental Biology
- Botany and Ecological Studies
- Computer Science
D. Faculty of Vocational Education, Library and Information Science
- Agricultural Science Education
- Business Education
- Computer and Robotics
- Home Economics Education
- Industrial Technology Education
- Library and Information Science
UNIUYO Pre-Degree Entry Qualifications
- Candidates must have earned credit passes in at least five (5) “O” level subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Agricultural Science is accepted in place of Biology for candidates seeking positions in Agricultural Science Education and Agriculture only), at no more than two SSCE (WAEC/NECO, GCE, or NABTEB sittings.
- Candidates for the Faculty of Agriculture must have at least five (5) “O” Level Credit passes in NECO, WASC, or GCE, including Chemistry, Biology, agricultural science, Mathematics, English Language, and any one of Economics, Geography, or Physics.
- It’s acceptable to have at least a Pass in physics.
- Candidates must have five (5) “O” Levels in order to be admitted to the agricultural science education program.
- credit passes in any subject, including English, Chemistry, Biology (or Agricultural Science), and Mathematics.
- A minimum of five “O” Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, or any other subject is required for applicants to Home Economics Education.
NOTE: JAMB Score is not required for admission into this program.
Other Requirements and Notifications
- The Screening Exercise and registration after the offer of admission both need the use of the same passport photo that was used for online registration.
- After submission, there will be no consideration for complaints about inaccurate biodata or blank photos.
- Candidates that upload incorrect biodata will be immediately dismissed.
- The fee payment process follows the same steps.
- Following the submission of their admission forms, candidates are urged to check the Internet once a week