Science Laboratory technology often referred to as (SLT) is one important and lucrative science field of discipline offered in most tertiary institutions in Nigeria both federal, state, and privately owned.
The course itself is managed by the Department of Science Laboratory Technology under the faculty of Science Laboratory Technology.
This article is painstakingly written for students who wish to know the comprehensive list of Universities in Nigeria that Offer Science Laboratory Technology and other additional information a student might need in other to make informed and sensible decisions before being enrolled.
The scientific Laboratory Technology Program equips students with the knowledge and methods required for routine, everyday scientific laboratory work.
The Science Laboratory Technology Program emphasizes analytical laboratory techniques and applications, particularly in the fields of chemistry and biology, while concentrating on the fundamental concepts of the biological and physical sciences.
List of Universities in Nigeria that Offer Science Laboratory Technology
1. University of Benin (UNIBEN)
No doubt, the University Of Benin is one of the best Universities in Nigeria to study Science and Laboratory Technology.
The institution thrives in an environment that fosters competitiveness, unrestrained scientific inquiry, critical thinking, innovation, and creativity which makes many always apply for admission to study Science Laboratory Technology at UNIBEN and that makes it more competitive.
Before you are offered provisional admission to study Science Laboratory Technology in UNIBEN this year, you ought to target at least a score of 220 and above in JAMB as a cut-off mark.
2. University of Calabar (UNICAL)
3. Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
4. Ekiti State University (EKSU)
5. Federal University, Lafia (FULAFIA)
6. The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
7. Gombe State University (GSU)
8. Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST)
9. The Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
10. Lead City University, Ibadan (LCU)
11. The Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH)
13. Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK)
14. University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
15. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
The above-listed universities comprise both private, state, and federal universities currently offering Science Laboratory Technology. This connotes that candidates, can choose from the above within their Catchment area.
To study Science Laboratory Technology in any of the under-listed universities, candidates must meet the following basic entry requirements:
In WAEC, a candidate is expected to sit for a minimum of Eight subjects (8) and a maximum of nine (9), out of these Nine or Eight subjects, five are core subjects specific to the course you wish to study which in this case is Science Laboratory Technology.
The core subjects to study Science Laboratory Technology are…
- English Language
- and Biology
The remaining three (3) or four (4) subjects will be determined by you.
Note: This subject combination for WAEC is applicable for all O’ level exams such as NECO, NABTEB e.t.c
The four (4) subjects you must enroll in JAMB (with the use of English compulsory irrespective of the course you intend to study) for Science Laboratory Technology, are…
- Use of English
- and either Physics or Mathematics.
To be assured of admission, you will need to score very high in JAMB, let’s say 250 and above.
To add to this, a lot of students are sometimes faced with the challenges of not being offered admission to study the Science Laboratory Technology SLT in universities of their choice.
Hence, they are subjected to other related courses to study. Some of the courses related to Science Laboratory Technology SLT include the following.
Programs and Courses Related to Bachelor of Science in Science Laboratory Technology in Nigeria
1. Bachelor of Health Sciences in Medical Laboratory Science
2. Master of Medical Laboratory Science
3. Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science
4. Ph.D. in Medical Laboratory Sciences
5. Ph.D. in Pathology with Clinical Laboratory Management
6. Diploma in Industrial Design with Laboratory Glass Blowing
7. Certificate in Industrial Design with Laboratory Glass Blowing
8. Bachelor of Technology in Building Technology
9. Bachelor of Technology in Management Technology
10. Bachelor of Technology in Glass Technology
11. Bachelor of Technology in Environmental Management Technology
12. Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology
13. Bachelor of Science in Textile Science and Technology
14. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology
15. Bachelor of Science in Information and Communication Technology
This is all we have to say about Universities in Nigeria that Offer Science Laboratory Technology. We will not hesitate to keep you updated on more information relating to the subject of discuss. Thank you.