Are you aware that you can now access your WAEC certificate online through the WAEC digital certificate platform? If this news is new to you then you should read this article for guidelines and instructions on how to benefit from the digital certificate service.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) recently launched a Digital Certificate Platform, this was announced by Moyosola Adesina, the Acting Head of Public Affairs, WAEC.
The Digital Certificate Platform is a web and mobile-based app that is designed to aid candidates, institutions, individuals, and organizations to request, gain access to, share, and confirm certificates.
This digital certificate platform is also designed to help individuals to recover their forgotten WAEC examination numbers. You can access the website via www.waec.org.
Why Should You Download or Assess Digital Certificate Software Application Online on the Platform?
Some people may want to know why it is important to download the digital certificate software. Well, below are three major reasons why downloading this software may be in your best interest.
1. Quicker Access to Certificates: Downloading this software application gives you a quicker route to accessing your certificate. Usually, obtaining the WAEC certificate used to come with several setbacks, but now, you can access your certificate faster.
2. Instant Confirmation of Certificates: The digital certificate platform offers you an easier means of confirming certificates rather than paying visits to the WAEC offices. bIt also provides organizations with a way of confirming certificates.
3. Recovery of Examination Number: Sometimes we have a lot on our minds and we tend to forget important stuff like our WAEC examination numbers, Don’t worry, the platform has got you covered in that aspect. You can now recover your examination number when you download this app.
How The WAEC Digital Certificate Platform Works
The WAEC Digital Certificate Platform works on the assessment, confirmation, and sharing of online WAEC certificates. Below are guidelines on how to create an account, fund wallet, assess/store, confirm, and share WAEC Digital Certificate on the WAEC DigiCert Platform.
1. Create your Account: Creating an account is the first step to accessing and confirming a candidate’s certificate. To create an account, provide the required information that identifies and allows you to personalize your account.
There are two types of accounts you can create; Certificate Access and Certificate Confirmation.
2. Access a Certificate: WAEC Digital Certificate can be accessed on the DigiCert platform. Certificates accessed will then be stored on your profile and can be shared with anyone at any time.
You can use Digicert to share accessed and downloaded WAEC certificates online with recipients. You can share your accessed certificate with institutions and organizations with ease on the WAEC Digital Certificate platform
4. Confirm a Certificate: The WAEC Digital Certificate provides institutions and organizations with a simple and instant path to confirming candidates’ certificates
5. Candidate Number Recovery: Candidates who misplaced their examination number in the process of accessing will be required to provide the candidate name they registered with when they took the WAEC examination. This will allow the platform to recover the examination number.
6. Wallet Funding: In order to access, share, and confirm certificates successfully through your wallet, there should be units available in the wallet. Each unit costs N250 and the number of units required or accrued amount payable depends on the service accessed. The wallet can be funded using credit/debit cards.
The Number of Units, Cost of the WAEC DigiCert Services
|WAEC DigiCert Services||Total Number of Units for Service||Total Cost/Fee Charged (Amount to Fund Wallet)|
|Assess a certificate||30 Units||₦ 7,500 or $ 30|
|Retrieve Exam Number||12 Units||₦3,000 or $ 12|
|Share a certificate||14 Units||₦3,500 or $ 14|
|Confirm a certificate||7 Units||₦1,750 or $ 7|
|Request confirmation of certificate||14 Units||₦3,500 or $ 14|
7. Making an Enquiry: An email will be sent to you from the support team to notify you that your request (inquiry made) has been received and is being worked on.
How the WAEC Digital Certificate Platform Works (Sections/Categories)
There are two different sections/categories of the WAEC Digital Certificate Platform; they are Certificate Access and Certificate Confirmation.
1. Certificate Access: Candidates can now have quick and easy access to soft copies of their original WAEC certificates using their mobile and web devices through the certificate access category. This section of the platform is curated specifically for individual candidates.
2. Certificate Confirmation: Certificate Confirmation accounts can only be created by institutions and Organizations. This section of the platform is specifically designed for corporate bodies and institutions to confirm WAEC certificates for authenticity and validity.
N/B: You can go on YouTube and watch videos that will guide you on how to use the application
How to create an account
- Click ‘Create Account’ on the home page of the WAEC Digital Certificate platform and
- Complete your information to create your account. Once the account is activated, you can proceed to access, share, and confirm the WAEC certificate.
How To Fund Your Wallet
- Go to your profile and click on the wallet menu.
- Click the fund wallet option and input the number of units you would like to purchase.
- Enter the details of the amount you want to put into your wallet. The number of units you would like to purchase depends on the amount with which to want to fund your wallet.
N/B: In order to successfully access, share, and confirm certificates through your wallet, you should ensure that you have units available in the wallet. The wallet can be funded using credit/debit cards.
How To Access your certificate (Assess and store your certificate)
- Log in to your account with the details provided during account creation to get started.
- Fund your wallet with the number of units required to access your certificate. Accessing the WAEC certificate costs ₦ 7,500, and $ 30 for international transactions.
- Provide the information required to access the WAEC certificate. Information required to access the WAEC certificate include the examination year, examination type, and candidate examination number.
- Access your certificate.
- Store (Save) the accessed certificate for future use.
N/B: Accessed certificates are saved in your account for future use, this allows you to download and share whenever you wish to.
How To Confirm Your Or A Candidate’s Certificate
- Log into your account
- Fund your wallet with the required number of units. Confirming a certificate requires 7 units which sums up to N1,750
- Click on the confirm certificate option
- Provide the details of the information you want to view the certificate.
- Click to confirm the certificate
- Log in to your account with the details provided during the account creation to get started.
- Fund your wallet with the number of units required to assess your certificate. Sharing the WAEC certificate requires 14 units which cost ₦ 3,500 ($ 14 for international transactions)
- Provide the information required to access the WAEC certificate. Information required to access the WAEC certificate are; the examination year, examination type, and candidate examination number.
- Access your certificate.
- Select the certificate you would like to share (for a non-confirmation request)
- Enter the recipient’s email address
- Click on the share button to share the certificate
- Click on the Request for Confirmation button (for a confirmation request, that is, to share the certificate with an institution or organization)
- Select the certificate you would like to share
- Enter the details of the institution- the name of the institution, email address, country, and institution location address
- Click on the share button to share the certificate
N/B: You can share your accessed WAEC certificate to your contacts as many times as possible, provided your wallet is funded, but the platform allows you to share accessed certificates per contact one at a time.
How to download WAEC Digital Certificate Software Application (DigiCert) online on your Android and iOS Mobile Devices (Phones and Tablets) for free
How to free-download the certificate online via assessed certificate onto your device – mobile phone devices/computer
- Log in to your account with the details provides during account creation to get started.
- Fund your wallet with the number of units required to assess your certificate. Accessing the WAEC certificate costs ₦ 7,500, and $30 for international transactions.
- Complete the information required to access the WAEC certificate. Information required to access the WAEC certificate are; the examination year, examination type, and candidate examination number.
- Assess your certificate. Accessed certificates are saved in the candidate’s profile on the platform
- Click on ‘Download’ to download it into your mobile device or computer.
How to download the certificate online via WAEC Digital Certificate Software Application (DigiCert) on your Android and iOS Mobile Devices (Phones and Tablets)/Computer Devices
- Open the Google Play App on your Android mobile phone or the Apple Store on your Apple iOS mobile phone or computer device
- Click the search button
- Enter WAEC DigiCert
- Click on ‘Install’ to download The WAEC Digital Certificate Software App on your phone or tablet or computer
- Click on open to assess the app
We hope that at the end of this long read, we have been able to provide you with all the information you require on the WAEC Digital Certificate Platform: Guidelines and Instructions. If you have further questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section, and our support team will reach out to you swiftly with a response.