This is to notify all interested applicants of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) GCE that the Registration Form for the 1st series has been officially published. Hence interested candidates are advised to visit the website for the commencement of their various registrations for the 2023 WAEC GCE.
This article will guide candidates who are interested in applying for the WAEC GCE Form for the year 2023. Here we will provide you with all the necessary information like the list of Approved subjects for the WAEC GCE First Series, the procedure of application, completion of registration, and general guidelines on the WAEC GCE. Prospective candidates are advised to carefully continue reading this article for more insights. Registration.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) conducts two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates per year. The WASSCE for Private Candidates-First Series is done in Jan/Feb, while the Second Series is done in Oct/Nov.
WAEC GCE Registration Form 2023
Candidates should also note that the 2023 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centers.
Walk-in registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done not less than twenty-four hours before the scheduled time of the paper(s) intended to sit for.
List of Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE First Series
|S/N||SUBJECT NAME||SUBJECT CODE|
|3||CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES||202|
|8||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH||210|
How to Apply for the WAEC GCE 1st Series 2023
1. Candidates who wish to apply are advised to visit the website; https://registration.waecdirect.org/. Private candidates of WASSCE are advised to commence their registration for FIRST SERIES.
2. A Registration PIN can be purchased by interested candidates at the WAEC office that is closest to them, as well as from banks and authorized agents.
Procedures On How to Apply for the 2023 WAEC GCE Online
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
Banks Processing WAEC GCE Forms
Access Bank Plc;
First Bank of Nig. Ltd;
Sterling Bank Plc
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc;
Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc;
United Bank for Africa Plc;
Fidelity Bank Plc;
Heritage Bank Plc;
Standard Chartered Bank Plc;
Unity Bank Plc;
WEMA Bank Plc;
Zenith Bank Plc;
Diamond Bank Plc;
First City Monument Bank Plc;
Skye Bank Plc;
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc;
In addition, candidates will be required to pay a Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
Prospective candidates should visit https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration after obtaining the Registration PIN.
Completion Of Registration
During the registration period, candidates MUST complete registration within two weeks of their first website access. They should make sure that their names, gender, passport photos, dates of birth, and subjects are all accurate.
Additionally, as proof of successfully registering, they must print the Admission Notice/Photo Card, which will be used as identification during the examination.
The Photo Card will also have the Result Checker PIN. Use a Digital Personal Scanner just to register fingerprints.
General Information On 2023 WAEC GCE Registration Form
1. Prior to signing up for the examination, candidates should watch the Information VCD.
2. It is important for candidates to know that the registration cost is not refundable.
3. After completing the registration, Candidates should print the examination Timetable.
4. Not “wait and get” photos, but passport-size, high-quality photos must be uploaded with entries. Neither a blue nor a red background is acceptable for such photos. 275 by 314 pixels is the proper dimension. The entry will be rejected if the passport photo is unsuitable.
5. Candidates should read the WAEC website’s (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) regulations, syllabuses, and timetable for the exam before taking it, and they can do so by entering their registration PIN.
6. Candidates must disarm and wear a mufti to the exam rooms. There will be no professional uniforms of any kind permitted in the testing rooms.
7. Candidates who take the exam at more than one location will have all of their results thrown out.
8. Smoking is not permitted in the exam room.
9. Any candidate who enters the examination room carrying a mobile phone or another electronic device will have their entire score annulled.
10. Before uploading, candidates must double-check that all of the information on their entries is accurate because the Council will not be held liable for any mistakes in the candidates’ personal information.
Any requests for the correction of information that a candidate willingly provides at the time of registration will NOT BE considered once the exam has started.
11. The original Photo Cards of each candidate are required when they enter the examination room.
In addition to having their results canceled, candidates who cheat on the exam risk facing legal action.
Candidates With Special Needs
Candidates with special needs will register online just like other applicants, but they will be needed to supply specific information about their disabilities, such as visual, hearing, low vision, spastic, speech, or other impairments.