What are the Nursing/Nursing Science JAMB subject combinations for 2023/2024? We are pleased to inform you that this post is entirely about the JAMB subject combinations for nursing/nursing science. If you are interested in learning the subjects you must take in JAMB in order to study nursing science at the faculty of medical, pharmaceutical, and health sciences, read on.
You must register for the JAMB subject combination for Nursing/Nursing Science if you want to enroll in any Nigerian tertiary institution to study Nursing Science. The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board’s management has announced the JAMB subject combination for nursing and nursing science, and we would like to inform all JAMB candidates of this information after this brief introduction.
These required courses for nursing/nursing science vary in their level of requirement, with some being mandatory and others being elective. So that you can choose your subjects more wisely, you must pay attention and understand both the optional and required subjects.
Nursing is the profession that provides care for people, families, and communities in order for them to achieve, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life, which is part of the healthcare industry.
Depending on their method of patient care, level of education, and area of practice, nurses can be distinguished from other healthcare professionals. Nurses work in a wide range of specialties with varying degrees of prescription authority,
The majority of healthcare environments consist primarily of nurses, but there is evidence that there is a global shortage of qualified nurses.
The role of nurses in today’s society cannot be disregarded. In fact, nurses and those who work in the nursing profession are arguably among the most crucial groups of citizens for any nation. In the effort to save lives and treat patients who are ill, nurses assist doctors.
If you want to pursue a career in nursing/nursing science, you are making a great choice. As a nursing graduate, you have a variety of career options at your disposal, including those for counselors, midwives, pediatric nurses, public health nurses, and mental health nurses.
JAMB Subject Combination For Nursing
The following subjects are required for applicants to Nursing/Nursing Science in JAMB:
- English Language (Compulsory For all courses)
- Biology/Health Science,
- Physics and
Direct Entry Requirement For Nursing Science
The requirements for direct entry into the faculty/college of medical, pharmaceutical, and health sciences for nursing science, public health, public health technology, and public & community health are listed below;
- Plus three (3) additional ‘O’ Level credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, and English Language, you need two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology/Zoology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- NRN or an approved substitute, plus five (5) credit passes at the ‘O’ Level in the English Language and four (4) subjects from the list of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Human Anatomy, Physiology and Hygiene, Health Science, Further Mathematics, and General Science.
O’level Requirement To Study Nursing/Nursing Science
You need at least five O’level credit passes in each of the following subjects: math, chemistry, biology, physics, and English language in order to study nursing or nursing science.
However, these requirements vary in some higher education institutions in Nigeria. The following schools are highlighted for you in this case:
- Five (5) or Six (6) Level Credit Passes at One or Two Sittings are required by UNIBADAN and must include English Language, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, and any other one of the following: Economics, government, English literature, history, geography, and physics.
- The SSCE or its equivalent must be taken no more than twice, according to UNN.
- The AAU requires five ‘O’ Level Credit Passes in one sitting in each of the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- The Credit Passes must be completed by NDU in no more than two sittings.
Top University Offering Nursing/Nursing Science
First, the list of the universities offering Nursing Science in Nigeria at a glance.
- Rivers State University, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- University of Medical Science, Lagos, Lagos State
- Elizade University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State
- The National Open University Of Nigeria, Jabi, Abuja-FC
- Wesley University, Ondo, Ondo State
- Ekiti State University, Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State
- University of Uyo, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Osun State
- Nok University, Kachia, Kaduna State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Pamo University Of Medical Science, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- McPherson University, Abeokuta, Ogun State
- Rhema University Aba, Abia State
- Enugu University of Science and Technology, Enugu
- Alhikma University, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Atiba University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Khadijat University, Majia, Jigawa State
- Novena University, Delta State
- Ave Maria University, Nasarawa State
- Taraba State University, Taraba State
- Yobe State University, Yobe State
- Kwara State University, Malete, Kwara State
- Thomas Aderum University, Oko, Kwara
- Alex Ekweme Federal University, Ebonyi State
- Well-Spring University, Edo State
- David Nweze Umahi University Of Medical Sciences, Uburu, Ebonyi State
- Arthus Javis University, Cross River State
- Clifford University, Owerrinta, Abia State
- Tansia University, Anambra State
- Fountain University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Joseph Ayo University, Ilesa, Osun State
- Gombe State University, Gombe State
- Abundance Wisdom University, Akwa-Ibom State
- Al-Istiqama University, Kano
- Kebbi State University, State.
- Federal University Of Health Sciences, Ila-Orangun, Osun State
- Saisa University Of Medical Science And Technology, Sokoto, Sokoto State
- Sports University, Idumuje Ugboko, Delta State
- Tansian University, Oba, Anambra State
- Thomas Adewumi University, Oko-Irese, Kwara State
- Trinity University, Yaba, Lagos State
- Ahmadu Bello University Open & Distance Learning Programme, Zaria, Kaduna State
- Maryam Abacha American University Of Nigeria, Kano, Kano State
Career Prospects For Nursing Science Graduates
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP)
- Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
- Nurse Administrator
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Nurse Educator
- Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
- Pain Management Nurse
- Telehealth Nurse
- Legal Nurse Consultant (LNC)
- Nurse Attorney
- Travel Nurse
- Informatics Nurse
- Dialysis Nurse
- Oncology Nurse
- Nurse Case Manager
- Infection Control Nurse
- Critical Care Nurse
- Nurse Researcher
- Military Nurse
- Neonatal Nurse
- Geriatric Nurse
- Psychiatric Nurse or Mental Health Nurse
- Nurse Advocate
- Orthopedic Nurse
- Home Healthcare Nurse
- Public Health Nurse
- Pediatric Nurse
- Certified Lactation Counselor Nurse
- Medical-Surgical Nurse
- School Nurse
Other renowned top Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges that are also offering this program are not devalued by the list of top Nigerian universities to study nursing/nursing science that is provided above. You may also choose to attend some reputable institutions that have been approved for this program’s study.
Please use the comment section below to express any concerns you may have or to ask any questions you may have about the JAMB subject combinations for nursing.