University of Minnesota Fellowship Scholarship 2023-2024 | Application Deadline
The University of Minnesota Fellowships 2023 is ongoing, providing opportunities for international students to study at the University of Minnesota for free. The scholarship is only offered for Master’s degree programs, with target groups being Africans, French, and Europeans.
The 2023 University of Minnesota Scholarship is currently open to students around the globe. University of Minnesota Scholarship application form is now available online via www.umn.edu and registration will commence by July, 2022. The closing date for the University of Minnesota Scholarship is scheduled to December 15th, 2022.
The University of Minnesota is one of America’s top public research universities; that is equipped with an award-winning faculty and high-tech infrastructures that exposes you to multidisciplinary world studies to be a better person in society and able to tackle prevalent world problems like food scarcity natural resource depletion. Ecosystem depletion and so many more.
Details of University of Minnesota Scholarship 2023
- University Name: University of Minnesota
- Location: USA
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Type: Fully- Funded
- Program Period: Program period depends on the chosen program from 2 to 5 academic years.
- Deadline: December 15th, 2022
Why Should You Study at the University of Minnesota?
The University of Minnesota is equipped with researchers and teachers that expose you to world studies and the necessary skills to generate ideas and technologies to improve the quality of life of world citizens.
Consistently named a “Best Value” institution by Kipling er’s Personal Finance and Princeton Review, the University has attained several rankings in the past few years. Below are some of them.
- The University of Minnesota is among the top 50 schools by the 2020 Best Global Universities rankings.
- In 2020, CNBC ranked the University of Minnesota Twin Cities as one of the Top 25 Public U.S. Colleges that Pay off the Most.
- The University of Minnesota College of Education and Human Development is ranked as the world’s No 1 public education program.
University of Minnesota Acceptance Rate 2023
The acceptance rate of the University of Minnesota is 69.6% as of 2020, which is quite fair and not very competitive. It gives you a higher chance of securing admission here.
University of Minnesota Fellowship Scholarship Coverage
As a recipient of the University of Minnesota fellowship, you get to enjoy benefits like:
- Full tuition
- Travel insurance
- Health insurance
- Accommodation and living allowance.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Minnesota Fellowship?
To be eligible for the University of Minnesota fellowship scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria.
- The official language at the school is English.
- You must hold a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent from a recognized university in any related field.
- English language proficiency test results are required, such as TOEFL or IELTS, a minimum of 600 in the paper-based test, 250 in the computer-based and 100 in the internet-based test.
- A valid Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score is required. There is no slated specific score needed.
- You must come from a low-income family where you could not finance your study.
- You must have a track record of professional and academic excellence.
- You must strongly participate in extracurricular activities such as voluntary work, community service, or entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Previous academic work in economics, statistics, and mathematics is required.
- You can apply for the Humphrey School of Public Affairs if you don’t have an academic track record but possess strong analytical skills, quantitative knowledge, and liberal arts education.
University of Minnesota Fellowship Scholarship Application Documents
Here you will be provided with the documents needed to apply for the University of Minnesota Scholarship 2023. See the required documents below:
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Valid passport ID page.
- Academic transcripts.
- Academic resume.
- If working (HR letter from current employer including salary records).
- If unemployed (a bank statement showing your current financial state).
- One personal photo.
How to Apply for University of Minnesota Scholarship 2023
Do follow the steps below to apply for the University of Minnesota fellowship.
Step 1: Select Your Desired Degree Program
The University of Minnesota Graduate School offers over 130 master’s and doctoral degrees. So the first thing to do is to decide which degree program you are going for. See the available courses program in the University of Minnesota.
Step 2: Review Your Specific Program Application Criteria
Although they are general criteria, each program has unique requirements that differ from other programs. Be sure to go through them and make everything available.
Step 3: Contact Your Degree Program
Programs that demand specific materials may not review your application if the specific materials are not submitted.
Step 4: Begin Your Application
Go to choose.umn.edu/applyclick to create an application. Do note that you must pay an application fee and upload all your needed documents before the deadline.
University of Minnesota Scholarship Deadline 2023
The deadline for the submission of application to the University of Minnesota fellowships is December 15th, 2022. At the same time, the deadline for consideration for Humphrey School merit-based aid is January 15th.
If you have difficulties applying for University of Minnesota Scholarship 2023, kindly let us know via the comment section below.