We have published a list of universities in Nigeria that offers Special Education. So if that is what you are searching for, then you are on the right page.
To be honest, some students base their course selections on the JAMB-approved subject combination requirements and information they have gleaned about the institution that offers the course, while others choose courses like Special Education because it did not require calculations.
Most Nigerian tertiary schools provide a degree in special education. This course is administered by the Department of Special Education and is under the faculty of education.
The significance of this post cannot be overstated as students register for the UTME and look up a list of institutions that offer special education to make an informed choice based on their geographical location.
Special Education as a Course
Special Education entails the carefully planned and meticulously observed organization of instructional strategies, specialized tools and resources, and accessible environments.
These interventions are created to assist people with special needs in achieving a higher level of personal self-sufficiency and success in school and their community, which may not be possible if the student were simply provided access to a conventional classroom curriculum.
Special Education aims at empowering students to become advocates for social justice both inside and outside the classroom setting in other to harness the positive power of diversity in classrooms, school districts, and communities.
It is also the process of educating students in a way that takes into account their unique differences, impairments, and special needs.
Before searching for any higher institution that offers Special Education you must take into cognizance the basic JAMB subject requirements and the correct O’Level subjects needed before securing admission in Special Education.
Candidates must meet the following fundamental admission requirements to enroll in any of the universities below to study special education:
1. A minimum of five (5) “O” level credits must have been earned in Special Education, Government, and English Language as well as three additional subjects in no more than two sittings.
2. Attain the required grade point average for the university or polytechnic of his or her choice. To increase your chances of being admitted to study Special Education at the institution of your choice, it is advised you achieve a minimum score of 250.
List of Universities in Nigeria that offers Special Education
Below is a comprehensive list of a mixture of private, state, and federal universities currently offering Special Education, this means the applicant’s Parents or Guardians can choose from any of these. When you choose a school within your catchment area, it is typically simpler to study the course of your choice.
1. Bayero University (BUK)
2. The University of Benin (UNIBEN)
3. University of Calabar (UNICAL)
4. Federal University, Dutsin-Ma (FUDMA)
5. Federal University, Lafia (FULAFIA)
6. Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni (IAUE)
7. University of Ibadan (UI)
8. Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
9. Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK)
10. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
11. University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
12. University of Jos (UNIJOS)
13. Federal College Of Education. (Special), Oyo
In conclusion, if you must choose a state or federal university, pick the one in your state or the one closest to you so that you have the best opportunity of majoring in Special Education or another field of study.
We hope that was clear and helpful to you. We candidly advise you to take the following information in this post Seriously and do well to visit this site again for more detailed information. You may also contact us using the comment box below, and we’ll react accordingly.