A lot of art students are more inclined and partial to mass communication as a course, and for this reason, they tend to apply for the course during their Jamb registration which gives them opportunities to be enrolled in any university or polytechnic of their choice.
A student has the opportunity to learn practical skills by studying mass communication in a polytechnic, which is quite advantageous.
It is simpler to get accepted into a polytechnic, and the more practical teaching methods used there make it possible for students to learn and study a field of study like mass communication with ease.
The main aim of this article today is to provide a comprehensive list of polytechnics in Nigeria that offers mass communication courses. We urge you to sit tight and continue reading the article below.
Mass communication is the process of imparting and exchanging information through mass media to large population segments. It utilizes various forms of media as technology has made the dissemination of information more efficient.
The study of mass communication is essentially concerned with how the information and content being disseminated influence the behavior, attitude, opinion, or emotion of the recipient.
List of Polytechnics that Offer Mass Communication in Nigeria
1. Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic (AAP) Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State
2. Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic (AKPOLY), Ikot Osurua, Akwa Ibom State
3. Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic (ATAPOLY), Bauchi, Bauchi State
4. Auchi Polytechnic (AUCHIPOLY), Auchi, Edo State
5. Benue State Polytechnic (BENUEPOLY), Ugbokolo, Benue State
6. Dorben Polytechnic (DORBENPOLY), Garam, Niger State
7. Federal Polytechnic Bauchi (POLYBAUCHI), Bauchi, Bauchi State
8. Federal Polytechnic Bida (BIDAPOLY), Bida Niger State
9. Federal Polytechnic Offa (OFFA POLY), Offa Kwara State
10. Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro (ILAROPOLY), Ilaro Ogun State
11. Federal Polytechnic Mubi (MUBIPOLY), Mubi Adamawa State
12. Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa (NASARAWAPOLY) Nasarawa State
13. Federal Polytechnic, Nekede (NEKEDEPOLY), Owerri Kogi State
14. Federal Polytechnic, Oko (OKOPOLY) Oko, Anambra State
15. Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko (GBOKOPOLY), Gboko Benue State
16. Heritage Polytechnic, Eket (HERITAGEPOLY), Akwa Ibom State
17. The Polytechnic, Ibadan, (IBADANPOLY), Ibadan Oyo State
18. The Polytechnic, Ile-Ife (POLYIFE), Ile-Ife Osun State
19. Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu (IMTEPOLY), Enugu State
20. Interlink Polytechnic Ijebu Jesa (INTERLINPOLY), Ijebu Jesa, Osun State
21. Kaduna Polytechnic (KADPOLY), Kaduna, Kaduna State
22. Kano State Polytechnic (KANPOLY), Kano Kano State
23. Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure, Jigawa State
24. Kwara State Polytechnic (KWARA POLY), Ilorin, Kwara State
25. Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH), Ikorodu Lagos State
26. Lens Polytechnic (LENSPOLY), Offa Kwara State
27. Nasarawa State Polytechnic (LAFIAPOLY), Lafia, Nasarawa State
28. Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria Kaduna State
29. Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ), Lagos
30. Ogun State Institute Of Technology (OGITECH), Igbesa, Ogun State
31. Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY), Abeokuta, Ogun State
32. Delta State Polytechnic (DELTAPOLY) Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State
33. Delta State Polytechnic (DELTAPOLY) Otefe-Oghara, Delta State
34. Delta State Polytechnic (DELTAPOLY), Ozoro, Delta State
35. Osun State Polytechnic (OSPOLY), Iree, Osun State
36. Plateau State Polytechnic (PLSPOLY) Plateau State
37. Adamawa State Polytechnic (ASPPOLY), Numan Yola, Adamawa State
38. Rufus Giwa Polytechnic (RUGIPOLY) Owo, Ondo State
39. Gateway Polytechnic (GATEWAPOLY), Sapade Ogun State
40. Temple Gate Polytechnic (TEMPLEGATEPOLY), Aba, Abia State
41. Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic Eruwa
42. Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic Sokoto
43. Wolex Polytechnic, (Ikoyi Lagos) or (Iwo Osun State)
44. Yaba College of Technology, Yaba
45. Our Saviour Institute of Science, Agriculture and Technology (OSISAT) Polytechnic and College of Education Enugu
46. Citi Polytechnic Abuja
47. Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Bori City, Rivers State
48. The Polytechnic Calabar, Cross River State
49. Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri, Borno State
50. Federal Polytechnic Ado, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State
51. Global Polytechnic – Benin City Edo State
52. Isa Mustapha Agwai Polytechnic, Lafia
O’Level Subject Combination For Mass Communication
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Mass Communication are as follows;
English Language and Mathematics and any three other subjects from:
Literature in English,
Commerce/Principles of Accounting.
JAMB UTME Requirements For Mass Communication
For any JAMB UTME sitting, a candidate should apply for Use of English which is a compulsory subject with three (3) other Art/Social Science/Physical Science related subjects as a requirement for JAMB UTME subject combinations before being offered admission into any polytechnic to study mass communication.
Meanwhile, thanks for reading the List of Polytechnics offering Mass Communication in Nigeria. If you think this post can be helpful to you or somebody else, please share it using the buttons below. You can visit this site again to see more articles that will interest you.